Alcohol sucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big 21st b-day party last night. I've been getting all the comments like "Now you can drink legally!" all month, and it was difficult to explain that I never really did drink illegally that much.

Anyway, I was good and prepared, had lots of water, ate a big meal, but I guess I was still too much of a lightweight because the night ended with me throwing up everywhere and needing to be carried into a car and then into my bed. I threw up on a couple of my friends too, good times.

I gotta ask, what is the point of getting that drunk? I just felt dizzy and couldn't talk right; it really wasn't THAT much fun. I don't see why people go out every weekend with the intention of getting flat on their ass drunk. A casual drink or two is fine, but if you go to a party and intend to pass out and vomit then something is friggin wrong with you.

So here is the night's breakdown, for you sick bastards that are curious:

I'm about 145lbs, and these were all done in about a 3 hour timeframe.

1. Kamkazie (very good!)
    2. Vodka and cranberry juice
    3. Stoplight (technically 3 shots, but I'll count it as one drink)
    4. I think it was called an Irish something or other. It was this HORRIBLE tasting beer that I had to down half of then drop a shot in and down again. I think this is what made me sick, it was terrible tasting.
    5. Blowjob
    6. 3 wisemen
    7. Lemon Drop
    8. Shot of Vodka

And my 20 year old friend bought me a chocolate milk. :D

PS, on my actual birthday last tuesday, I went to a nice Italian Food place and had wine with my girlfriend and my mom. I liked that better. :)
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    With that list, if you aren't a chick, you should be. Men drink beer,
    whiskey (either Scotch, Irish, or Canadian) and on occasional shot such as tequila. Anything else, and you are in danger of having your man card recalled.
  3. If you don't drink, you drank WAY too much. Plain and simple. You have no endurance for it yet and then some, it is still a lot of liquor.

I drink. I was drunk 3 of the last 5 days since I've been on vacation. Am I proud of it, nope, nor ashamed. I'm not like everyone else through. I may drink to get drunk sometimes(I haven't drank in 1.5 months but still not a good excuse) but it isn't to get piss faced where I can't walk. There are different types of drunk, you need to understand that.

When you drink there is usually a few times you throw up before you realize your limitations. It happened twice till I realized it. Hopefully you'll be a quick learner. Happy belated bday.
  4. Kamikazie's rock. I got drunk last Memorial Day off of Kamikazies. While those things have a high amount of alcohol in them, they go down really easy.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not a big fan of drinking either. I still enjoy a couple beers or a glass of wine with dinner, but getting drunk... just doesn't appeal to me at all. Getting ****ed up in general just doesn't appeal to me, drugs alcohol what's the difference. I think I'm going to go on a vision quest now :eyebrow:
  6. Irish Car Bomb. Glass of Guinness with a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream dropped in. Personally, I love `em.
  7. So I'm not a man ?

I think me drinking stuff like Smirnoff Twisted and mixing Vodka or Rum with fruitpunch or cranberry juice is fine when I even it out with all the crap I've drank straight. (PS. Pint of vodka straight NOT GOOD).
  8. Guinness is horrible :p I don't know how people drink that crap.
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Nope, you're a chick for sure then.
  10. Does the 3 Bud Light and 2 Coors Light I had last night at least bring me a little closer ?
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    No, drinking water just makes you human :p
  12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Well....that helps. Maybe your mancard will just be suspended and not permanently revoked.

13. Eh, ppl draged me out of my house 11 at night to come over so there wasn't much there. My friend was at a party and they were throwing things away so they gave hime like 15 of each for free.
  14. Guinness is the nectar of the gods and the Irish Car Bomb is the most delicious drink ever invented.

A. you ate a big meal planning NOT to throw up?
    B. you had 10 drinks planning NOT to throw up?

alcohol does not suck, you were just kind of an idiot about it.
  15. You drank five light beers in one night, AND you think Guinness is crap? Well, if Cheezewiz won't do it, I will.. MANCARD REVOKED!! :D
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I generally stick to shots of rum and/or whiskey with a Coke (or Smirnoff/Mike's) chaser. Never mix, but always chase. Usually 1/2-2/3rds a fifth per instance/evening of drinking.

Where's my mancard stand?
  17. By the way, I'll heartily agree with the thread title. We hosted a dinner party last night and I had a 16 oz. gin and tonic, followed by about four beers, and passed out two hours before anyone left. Had to go to work this morning, woke up feeling like death, stumbled into the bathroom to find a half-full beer on the sink. If that won't make you heave, nothing will. But, I feel great right about now. The lifting of the hangover haze is a glorious moment, indeed.

18. i can stomach light beer more then i can guinness, it just tasts bleh to me.
  19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Only in Ohio. When I was living in Ohio, drinking light beer like Coors light and Bud light was the norm for everyone I met. It was amazing how many people were convinced they were drinking real beer rather than flavored pee. It must be an Ohio thing-maybe a midwest thing. I can't stand that stuff, and I'm not much of a drinker.
  20. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I think you're still male, unless you are seen in public with a Smirnoff or Mikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.