Alembic F-1X Effects Loop question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dr. Gonzo, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

Sep 1, 2004
    I've heard that the Alembic F-1X effect loop is instrument level, rather than line level. I'm not all that well-informed about what line level and instrument level means. Could people clue me in to what's going on here? Would I be able to connect a outboard spring reverb unit into the effects loop of the F-1X and have it sound much better than if I connected it in front of the F-1X (just into the input jack)? That's the main use I would have for the F-1X effects loop. If I'm better off putting the reverb unit in front of the Alembic, I might just opt for the F2B.

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    instrument leval signals are quieter than line level signals (i'll let one of the tech dudes here ad the actual voltages seeig as i forgot). For example, your bass puts out an instrument level signal and most stomp box type effects are optimized for that level. Rackmount units are typically optimized for line level (after a preamp stage). If memory serves me right, you should be able to use most spring type reverbs in the alembic effects loop with no problem.