1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Almost done...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dr_Funkdamental, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Well Ive begun getting my early Christmas started (also known as 'welcome home from Bagdad' gear) :hyper: lol. Ive pretty much got everything handled. Got a nice shiny new Stingray 5 ordered, and I got a ashdown 300H. Now Im down to cabinet choice and Im stuck with decisions (thanks to yall lol). Maybe yall can help me decide what might work best to finish my setup. I got about $800 to work with, not that I want to spend all that if I dont have to lol. Ive kinda narrowed it down to these:

1. Ampeg B115E and SVT210HE

2. Genz Benz NEOX-212T

3. Ashdown MAG 210 and 115

Any input and assistance is appreciated.

2. Sorry. It was double posted. Please delete this thread.

3. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    What are you looking for out of your gear? How did you decide on these three cabs? What sound are you going for? What gear have you played in the past and liked or hated?

Cab/amp selection is a pretty personal thing so it's best to give as much info as you can...

And welcome back :)

4. I was seriously G.A.S.ing for the first combo of Ampeg cabs to go along with an Ampeg SVT-3. But unfortunatly money limitations are probably gonna keep me down to a less expensive 4ohms 4x10 cab.

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Of those three, the NeoX-212T. Great design, taller than many single cabs so your ears hear more than your knees, loud and well-voiced, flexible, light.

Actually I wouldn't mind two of those stacked : }