1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alternatives to GK Mb-150s112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by baTassi, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Hi everybody, it's being a while since I cheked amps, and since then Class D amps became strong players. So... My home amp is having some issues and I'm thinking on changing it (I'll try to fix it first) and I want to look for a good (and ideally light) combo. I'm pretty much a GK guy so I was thinking on the Mb-150s112 becuase of the following

-It's pretty much the same Pre as the head I have on the studio (RB700ii)
    -Single speaker (1x12, although I can live with a 1x10 or 1x15)
    -The panel is in the front of the amp
    -Line out
    -Gigable (not a deal breaker if not but it's nice)

The only downside is that it's a little bit pricey so I thought this might be a good oportunity to explore some options.
    What I know for sure is that I don't want Ampeg (I had one in the past and never really dig it) nor Fender (I love their basses, guitars and gutiar amps, I just don't like their bass amps for some reason). Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm very curious about Markbass but they are more expensive than GK, what else it's out there? any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. I forgot to mention I would rather no go used, but once I have some candidates, I might check the used market as well

3. When it comes to loud and light, it is hard to beat the MB150S. I have 2.

It will not be enough for a medium-large venue, so pair it with an extension cabinet for those.

baTassi likes this.
  4. Thanks, it will be for home practice mostly or small gigs. For medium-large I have the RB700II head with a 1x15.
    But I think it will be hard to find something that fits me better than the MB150s