Amazon Logistics

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by beaglesandbass, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Every single time I've ordered something from Amazon Logistics, one of the following has happened:
    • Marked as delivered but package is no where in sight
    • "Delivery Attempted: We were unable to deliver your Amazon package. We'll try again on the next business day."
    That's not an exaggeration. Literally every single time something has shipped via Amazon Logistics, it's been screwed up. It just happened again, I am home and just got a text on my phone with the delivery attempted message. I'm livid at the incompetence of these employees. It's specified in my profile to leave the package at the door if no one answers the doorbell, but they don't even ring the bell! It seems like they just pull up, mark it as undelivered, and then leave.

Anyone out there have any positive experiences with this carrier? I figure I gotta just have the worst luck in the world. They can't always suck this badly, right?

AngelCrusher and pacojas like this.
  2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    OnTrac & FedEx do that to me all the time. i have called Amazon. i have written Amazon. it still happens.
    i blame the carrier, though. FedEx will leave a tag to sign if you wish to authorize them to leave the parcel. i sign it and they leave me another tag!!! GRRRRRR :mad:

3. No, but I am convinced they are delaying my "free" standard ground shipping to get me to go Prime.

They delay shipping for four days, once shipped it gets here in two.

Bastards!!

4. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Same problem. Anytime I order something with Sunday Delivery (thats what seems to use Amazon logistics here), it's not even delivered. Or they say it was delivered and left on porch. Except I don't have a porch and live in a gated building. I suspect they just don't deliver it or even attempt it.

I personally believe that Sunday delivery is a complete waste of time. Better to just get it the next day so UPS or USPS can deliver the package.

5. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I am 100% convinced that they do this.

tonequixote likes this.
  6. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I have had a very different and totally positive experience with Amazon Logistics. I order something, and a few hours later, the doorbell rings and the package is on the door. I'm amazed that they can pull this off, and think it's a serious threat to local retail.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  7. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    I have made very good experiences with Amazon, which, in Germany, delivers through DHL.

8. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    I'm not sure I've used Amazon logistics or not, but I've been a prime member for several years and have never had a negative experience in any way regarding shipping. If anything they keep me too updated on my package status. Generally three texts per package. It's shipped, it's almost there, it's there. Pretty much on the money every time.

9. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I just had an Amazon delivery today. I've never had a problem. I'm not real happy that they now have a warehouse site in Maryland though, now I get charged state tax.

10. I have the opposite problem. I track a package all across the country right up to the point where it has been scanned in at the Fed-UPS facility in town. Then it sits there for three days because it had a certain delivery date.

11. I'd love to know the inside story of these package delivery operations. It seems to be industry standard practice to not to bother reading instructions, knocking on doors, or using common sense.

They should be raking in the money these days, but obviously, customer service isn't part of their charter.

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Do you live in a bad neighborhoodor do you have large dogs?

Stewie26 likes this.
  13. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker!

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Happy Amazoner here, click...wham bam, usually 2 days.

14. Never had a problem. They just leave it at my front gate if I am not home. I am now a Amazon prime customer and they always get items here in two days plus the free shipping. I am very happy with Amazon.

EDIT,
    As mentioned above, do you live in a neighborhood where unattended packages get picked up by others? If so, maybe the drivers have instructions not to leave packages in your area.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  15. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    To follow up:

After I started this thread, I called and complained. They said the driver would come back and call me (they verified my number) when they got there to ensure the package got delivered.

At 4 PM I got a message on my phone saying the package was delivered. I ran downstairs, no package. Got no phone call. I called again, obviously extremely angry.

They shipped out a replacement item with one day shipping. It's coming USPS so I have no doubt I'll get it.

@Stewie26 The only carrier I've ever not gotten things from is Amazon Logistics. Never had an issue with any other carrier.

Stewie26 likes this.
  16. It's probably a problem with the guy who does your delivery address. There seems to be a lack of management will to do anything about the prevalence of these individuals. A massive class action suit might chsnge that.

17. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    Willing to bet it is your delivery guy. I never had a problem until I got a new UPS guy. He will stop in front of the house then just drive away without ever getting out. I check the tracking # and it says no one answered the door. One time I was on the porch waiting and saw this happen. Some of these guys just suck.

18. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    I can confirm what many suspect and one post here mentions. From 1998 until 2000 I was the project manager for the route pickup and delivery system for Emery Worldwide, a competitor of FedEx and UPS. They were completely rewriting all their software because of the Y2K issue. Many times when a shipper specified ground, it would go by air anyway and would sit in the destination warehouse for a few days. They did not want people to find out they could pay for ground and get air delivery. I wrote the specifications on how to handle this situation. They only did it when air was actually less expensive than ground for the shipment.