1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Americanizing G&L Tribute

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by charliefreak, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Hey,
    I have an L2000 tribute. I was wondering what were some good ways to amercanize the neck for more playability and how to do that. Also wondering if it would be easier to install a more playable neck. Let me know!

Wes

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

If you find the neck to be too wide and prefer a skinny neck you can swap necks with a Tribby JB2 and get the narrow neck. I've done this and it's a little screwdriver work followed by potentially a full setup.

A Tribby SB2 neck would work as well but would need to be redrilled as Trib L2Ks/JB2s are 6-bolt and Trib SB2s are 4-bolt.

I did that one time and sold off the Trib JB2 w/wide neck (I later sold off the Trib L2K w/narrow neck as well - par for the course for me)

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Short of changing the neck, you could probably enhance playability with a Plek fret levelling and setup, which all new USA G&L's get. I don't know if there's a machine in your area, but you can check Plek's web site. Or, a good luthier could shave the neck down for you.