1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

America's saddest pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Jan 7, 2018.

1. You can learn more about the contests at jimdunlop.com
    Bass board: ASPB-BASS-01.jpg
    Classic rock board (guitar): Dunlop-ASPB_ClassicRock-14.jpg modern metal board (guitar) ASPB-MODMETAL-12.jpg
    Indie board (guitar): ASPB-HERO.jpg

2. Saddest?

Since “S” isn’t adjacent to “B” on a QWERTY keyboad, I don’t suppose it is a typo that should have read Baddest.

Cool boards in any case.

just_chill likes this.
  3. Where’s the psycho jazz board?

alecduncan, Matt Dean and lz4005 like this.
  4. These all look cool / extremely neat!

Gearhead17 and Unemploid like this.
  5. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    It’s not clear from the OP, but I think, think, it’s a contest and these are the prizes.

Unemploid likes this.
  6. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Gave a quick look and I think the contest ended in December.

Unemploid likes this.
  7. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    "daddest", maybe? To me they look sort of fatherly.

two fingers likes this.
  8. I guess the metal bass board would be geezer butler wah and bass distortion pedal. Maybe bass overdrive or pork loin and theirs the fuzz octave.

9. Drudelhexe1.jpg

THREAD TOO LATE TO ENTER A CONTEST ALREADY ENDED

:meh:

10. My 'pedalboard' consists of one compressor that's been sitting in a drawer for years. So yeah, pretty sad.
    A germanium fuzz and octave dropper would be neat to play around with but I'm just not a pedal guy.

11. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    All of those boards look kinda boring... The indie rock board would actually make a pretty good bass board though. Still, not lairy enough by any standards.

theunknowndude and Unemploid like this.
  12. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I could live with that first board and be pretty happy.

hintz and Unemploid like this.
  13. Mmm none of those pedals work in my band context, and I’d miss my cog mini 66 and mbd1 too much!

14. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Pics in the OP aren't the sadboards. They're the prizes you win, intended to replace your sadboard with awesomeness. Sort of an "Extreme Makeover: Pedalboard Edition" type contest.

Here is a "winning" board. Sad indeed. But it makes me wonder what's the best banana for metal.

23167792_1660793597320067_4805112952650931721_n.jpg

hintz, Correlli, basscapes and 5 others like this.
  15. CoreyI35

CoreyI35

Sep 23, 2012
    Not sad enough. Banana still looks edible.

16. I would have to be black, like a black mirror of death.

17. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I'd rock that bass board... it's got all the basics one would need to play most genres of music

hintz and Unemploid like this.
  18. hintz, dukeorock and Unemploid like this.
  19. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Owner, John Fox Bass Inactive Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Dealer for Adamovic, Alleva-Coppolo, Bergantino, Dingwall, Richter, Skjold
    I don't see how that banana could possibly work. It does not appear to have any power connected to it.

Oh, unless he is using it as a passive attenuator power soak?

hintz likes this.
  20. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Thread drift: In 1986 I was a passenger on a cruise ship (Holland America Lines, looping Alaska's Inland Passage, in case you're curious) and during one of the late-night cocktail lounge fun-fest activities the DJ pulled out a floor tom-tom and announced they were holding a Drum Solo Contest. He would cue up The Surfaris' "Wipe Out" and, when it got to the drum solo would mute playback and contestants would give it their best shot at executing the drum solo from that well-known tune.

Full disclosure: I won the contest. Which sort of felt like cheating, because I played drums throughout my youth (though I never really considered myself a drummer).

But... one of the other contestants was a young, jovial, lovely lady who declined the use of the DJ's drumsticks, and instead attempted to play the drum solo from "Wipe Out" using a pair of bananas that she'd stolen from the midnight buffet.

At the end of the night I gave her the prize I'd won. She totally rocked those bananas!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021