1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp buying advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jettone, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Jettone

Jettone

May 7, 2008
    can someone help me decide between 1'15" and 2-10"? I dont know the differences.

2. godspeed

godspeed

Nov 26, 2008
    The 10's are smaller making them better suited for faster playing such as funk, while the 15' is larger providing a deeper and fuller bass note.

3. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Definitely not always true.

4. Generalizations are always difficult, and everyone hears things differently. The best advice I can offer is to visit a local music store and compare the two for yourself. That said, I will say that I prefer 10's. In general....:D :D....they respond a bit more quickly. Let your ears be your guide, though...good luck.

5. rockiezz

rockiezz

Feb 5, 2009
    Hudson, Ohio
    I've used 4-10" for years, picked up a 15" and added it to the stack. Just went and bought 2-12" with a 6" mid and a tweet. We'll see how that sounds. It's all in your head.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    2 versions of the same combo amp? If so, definately check them out in person. They do sound different, but which is better is up to you.