Amp Decision????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BStringJerry, Feb 9, 2006.

1. BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    I've been looking to get a smaller, lighter amp to use for practice and haul around to jam with friends. I am thinking about an Eden WT400, but now I've run across a Genz Benz GBE 600 for about the same cost. Don't know much about the Genz Benz, but from what I've read it sounds like one heck of an amp. Of course, that would sort of blow the hell out of my smaller , lighter idea. But for the price, I sure would like to try it out.
    I need some advice on the Genz Benz, or someone to talk me out of it. But, it's only 10 lbs. heavier although it does have a larger footprint. I'm just curious to know what someone with experience with either of these amps thinks, since I don't know what to expect from the Genz Benz.
  2. I've played the 600 once through a Neo 212 and I'm pretty much sold on the Neo 212. It's awsome!!

I thought the 600 sounded a little too hi-fi for me. But I didn't really mess with the eq. much, so it might have just needed some tweeking. It was pretty loud though, and I think it comes with a SS pre-amp and a tube pre-amp that you can switch or blend.

I don't know if this really helps at all. Oh well.
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
  4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    i agree with Fealach. Genz Benz is great stuff!
  5. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005