1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp synergy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chris V., Aug 29, 2007.

1. Good evening, bottom feeders. I hope you've all had a good day.

To the question - I recently purchased an MTD 535 (built in 1997 with orginal Bartoloni pickups) and I'm currently running it through some pedals and into a little Behringer. So, I was wondering as to whether there is such a thing as "amp synergy" with a bass. For example, some people say that Wal basses go very well with G&K. Ergo, do any amps go very well with an MTD?

FYI - I play mainly rock/metal(?) music. Things like Tool, old Audioslave and Alien Ant Farm. What I'm getting at, is that the amp must be able to carry a very deep and rounded bass tone which is what the MTD B and E string produce. The A, D and G strings produce very "custom"-ed sounds. The sound on the latter strings remind me a lot of a Justin Chancellors sound on the intro part to Schism (Tool).

Well, I don't think that I've left out any pertinent information other than the fact that money is not really an issue as of now, since I don't have a deadline by which I'll be needing it.

Thank you.
    Peace.

2. Shameless bump.

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    From the tone you seek check out the Markbass LM II or if you want more power, the SD800. As to speakers, you may have to try a bunch as these will make a greater difference to you tone. You might like the discontinued EV B-410 or B-210, depending on how large a rig you want.. Get a pair of either to get the most out of those amps.

4. Thank you very much for the reply! I will be looking into that. =)