1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg 115 id

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Apr 17, 2015.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Tried a 200 watt 115 cab that I liked. Missing grill but it had a purple banned around the speaker cone if that helps. Label said ampeg ti ys 200w @ 8ohms 115. Any clues as to the model? Thanks.

2. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    It might be one of the "B" series. I had 410 and 115 "B" cabs.

3. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    How did the 115 sound? Any disadvantages to not having a grill?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    BXT 115?

[​IMG]

5. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    No wheels, forgot to mention that. I don't know if I'll get it. It was loud but something felt off, maybe the low price. Might be a good stage monitor if I have PA support.

6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    As far as I know ALL Ampegs have a grill ... no downside, other than appearance, to leave the grill off. The model I'm referring to is this ... Ampeg: B Series - B115E I used the B115E with a GK Backline 600 for a year or two in my country band. Sounded great, and the B410E was even better. My guess is the speaker in your cab is a replacement.

I've gone to lighter gear (age will do that to a person!) and now use a Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0-12T "combo". I'm looking for a 2nd matching speaker for those outdoor gigs where the bass needs a little extra ooomph.

7. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Mhmm.. This one doesn't have wheels like in the link. Does that mean its a different model? Sorry, this my first cab.

The head I'm using is a Markbass 250 black line. (150watts @8ohms, 250watts @4ohms). Eq flat, 4 string precision bass. I cant tell if the cab was buzzing (loose speaker or overdriven speaker) or the walls shaking. It was probably both.

Gigs about 30-250ppl avg. Generally bars or coffee shops.