1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 2x10 @ 4 Ohms?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamzcl, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Just curious if I ever decide to downsize a little from my SVT-410HLF cab to a 2x10.
    I've officially played 4 gigs with my current setup (Ampeg BA500 combo + SVT-410HLF cab = 500 watts @ 2 ohms). Two venues were semi-large and two were medium sized...and I'm blowing away the other 4 guys with my volume at 2. The medium sized venue I even ran clean and not through the PA.

I can barely fit the 4x10 cab in my car as it is, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I have more power than I need...which is a first :meh:

My question is, did Ampeg ever have a 4 ohm 2x10 cab, and if so what the model was? I don't remember seeing anything in their current lineup. Not looking for anything other than Ampeg and really just looking for curiosity sake for now.

Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I used that BA500 with an SVT18. Loud for sure. Ampeg made model BXT210M, 2x10, 4 ohms. It was shaped like a monitor, great cab, had one of those too, but it's all gone now.

3. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I do remember that monitor shaped cab now that you mention it. Probably be like finding a needle in a haystack trying to locate one of those on the used market these days :(

4. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    i have an SVT210HE in which I replaced the speakers with two 8 ohm in parallel so it is now 4 ohms. also disconnected the tweeter, beefed up the internal bracing, and added t-nuts to the speaker mounting holes. much improved over stock IMO. i did it so i could run it with my 410hlf which i no longer own, so i dont need this cab anymore. PM me if you're interested. its mint.

JR

5. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

In the meantime I may have to keep an eye out for one of those BXT210M's since it seems as though that might be the closest thing I get to a production Ampeg 2x10 4 ohmer

6. brownrv13

brownrv13

Dec 28, 2009
    Hey what is the model number of the amp on top?

7. the name of that amp is the ampeg BA500.

8. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

Sep 18, 2012
    If I were the OP, I'd get on this. I've been using a pair of SVT210HEs for a decade now. Very reliable and great sounding cabs.

FWIW, you'll also be adding rear ports with an SVT210HE. IME, drummers love that.

9. Port location means absolutely nothing - the lows that come them are Omni-directional.

But........if it makes them feel better ;)

10. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

Sep 18, 2012
    I never said we could count on drummers to give good information...or understand physics...or count any higher than 4... ;)

11. He could even tell the drummer "I modified the cab, just for you" :D

12. Yes I have one, it is the wedge shaped monitor can they made... BXT210M 400watts