Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 410he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Feb 18, 2006.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    played thru this cab last night! nice punch and lows are great!
    thinking about getting one . im going back to 410 you cant beat the punch!! i have a trayner ybx1510 cab but its to middy!!!!:)

2. Whoopysnorp

Whoopysnorp

Feb 5, 2006
    Yeah, great cab for sure, though you kinda need a 1x15 or something to go with it if you're gonna play loud at all. Their midrange is great but it's not a real bassy sound. Still, I was pretty disappointed when my deal to buy a used one fell through (of course I felt a lot better once I got my 410HLF).

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That's an 8 ohm cab. Lots of punch, but I agree, lacks in low end. The 410HLF is 4 ohm so if you use 1 cab you'll get more out of your amp, and the lows are outstanding.

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Definately cough up the extra loot and get the 410hlf:eek: !!!!you will be very impressesed! I used to have 2 of these HE cabs, and they always farted out on me.so I exchanged them for a 118 and 410hlf wow....I loved them, but couldn't afford them so I had to return them:bawl: Now I go with Madison and Avatar!:bassist:

5. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i got two of the older versions, the hen's. they're amazing. they're taking up too much of my space right now, though...