Ampeg 410he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Feb 18, 2006.

1. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    played thru this cab last night! nice punch and lows are great!
    thinking about getting one . im going back to 410 you cant beat the punch!! i have a trayner ybx1510 cab but its to middy!!!!:)
  2. Whoopysnorp

Feb 5, 2006
    Yeah, great cab for sure, though you kinda need a 1x15 or something to go with it if you're gonna play loud at all. Their midrange is great but it's not a real bassy sound. Still, I was pretty disappointed when my deal to buy a used one fell through (of course I felt a lot better once I got my 410HLF).
  3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That's an 8 ohm cab. Lots of punch, but I agree, lacks in low end. The 410HLF is 4 ohm so if you use 1 cab you'll get more out of your amp, and the lows are outstanding.
  4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Definately cough up the extra loot and get the 410hlf:eek: !!!!you will be very impressesed! I used to have 2 of these HE cabs, and they always farted out on I exchanged them for a 118 and 410hlf wow....I loved them, but couldn't afford them so I had to return them:bawl: Now I go with Madison and Avatar!:bassist:
  5. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i got two of the older versions, the hen's. they're amazing. they're taking up too much of my space right now, though...