Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 810 Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Just wondering what kind of heads people use on top of their Ampeg 810Es. Im looking for a new head and just trying to get some opinions.

2. SVT CL maybe? :D

3. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    I use a svt4pro along with a dbx 160a compressor along with my 810e. Thinking about trying an svt2pro.

4. marthasvinyard

marthasvinyard

Feb 28, 2006

Well, I had an 810e...great cab...a lil middy for me, but that's what they are designed for. I sold it, got an svt 410hlf....with my svt cl head...F#$%ing love it!!! Great tone, presence and bigger bottom, although not quite as loud as the 810e. The 810 is a sealed cab and was primarly designed to mate with tube amps as they have limited damping. Your svt II pro would ,I think surprise you....go for it.:cool:

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I have no personal experience with this, but I know that a lot of people love combining GK heads with Ampeg cabs. Also, keep in mind that the Ampeg 810E was made for an all-tube head.

I'd take your cab to the local store, if possible, and try out as many different heads as possible.

6. I use it with an old Acoustic 360 and Acoustic 300 power amp, it sounds mighty fine.

7. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    i use it with my orange, so does the bassplayer of the hellacopters and the datsuns..

8. mesa 400;)

9. Bump

10. SVT 8x10e or Classic + Trace GP12SMX (280W RMS).

Totally smokin' combination. Too bad I only get to use the fridges at rehersals!

Craig from Sick of it All used a SVT4 + 8x10 classic and a sansamp BBDI. Was AWESOME.

11. Opas

Opas

Aug 1, 2004
    Harrisburg, PA
    would a bridged qsc plx 1602 running wide open be too much power for the 810e? i'm thinking of running my svp-pro like this...

12. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Tech21 Landmark 600.... :hyper:

Serious tone...
    Serious versatility...
    Serious volume...

:bassist:

13. Ok... I may sound like a broken record here, but I have an SVT 810e. Right on top of that wonderful monster is the good old SVT II Pro. In my opinion nothing beats it!

--tz

14. punkindrublic

punkindrublic

Dec 10, 2005
    I use an SVT-350H and it performs flawlessly for me.... Its solid state, but ampeg did a nice job giving it that tube "feel" It's 350 watts (duh) but it gets loud enough for me....

Good luck dude and happy hunting!

15. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    genz benz gbe1200...;

works for me :cool:

16. I run a Ashdown 400 ss.Very clean and Loud!
    Also my SVT II pro (all tube) dude, of the Hook!