1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg 810e or mesa powerhouse 1200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HammerSmashBASS, Mar 25, 2009.

1. HammerSmashBASS

HammerSmashBASS

Mar 22, 2009
    alright so i'm currently running an ampeg svt-4 pro with a set of dual ampeg 810e's. i like the 810e's just fine (love em actually) but stopped by a local store and ran smack into a mesa powerhouse 1200. i tested it out and loved it, mind you it was set up with an ampeg svt 2 pro and i was test playing it with an older model ibanez srx (similar to one i own). i was just wondering if anyone could tell me of their own personal experiences with these cabs. and whether its worth the switch.

2. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    In my old bad, I had a 810e and the band space, and a powerhouse 1200 road ready at home (4x10 1x15). I liked the mesa a lot more imo. Sturdier, punchier, and looks cool. I do play through a mesa BB750 though. It all depends I guess on what your ears tell you though

A/B the two and decide for yourself

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The 1200 will be a lot louder at the same amp settings, and have a lot more true bottom end, and top end past 4k. More modern sounding.