1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Gene Simmons Solid State and 2x15 + Heritage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jim Burkland, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Good morning!

This guy that lives near me has so much amazing Ampeg stuff, it's a curse because he is getting older and selling it and making me have GAS. There is a Gene Simmons Solid State head and 2X15 cab for a great price. I don't know much about them but when I was over there before I was drooling over it. Finally it is for sale. Can anyone give me some insight on this equipment? How does it sound? Is it more for collecting purposes? He is the original owner and its all original. The Heritage cab and head are for sale for the same price lol. Such GAS. I'm gonna have to go over there and play it.

I really just want to add this to my Ampeg arsenal. Talk to me about the Gene Simmons stuff. Thanks!

Simmons Heritage Amps.png

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    For the same money, the Heritage rig is the better option.

The punisher cab isn’t bad, two JBL speakers. The head is based on the SVT-350.

3. That is cool! I do agree the nicer rig is the Heritage. But the rarity of the Simmons is what attracts me. Maybe I will pick up both :p I am already rocking a SVT-7, a V-4B, and V9 a 91 SVT fridge, and a 2000s classic fridge. I don't really need either of them but they are so close to home for local pickup lol.

4. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    The V9 is a unique unicorn. Not much you need after that.

DJ Bebop and Jim Burkland like this.
  5. uncle woody

uncle woody

Dec 7, 2008
    Do you want a top tier rig or do you want a cool collectible?

Dino78 likes this.
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    You might find this thread of interest.

Ampeg SVT-215LGS "Punisher" 2x15 Speakers ???

7. Both, but I already have my "favorite" rig. Really just want it due to rarity.

8. I love that V9 and I got it from the same guy in amazing condition. The speaker cones are beautiful.

Bassdirty likes this.
  9. beans-on-toast likes this.
  10. I think it would be fair to question whether the Simmons head is a collectible or simply a piece of signature gear. Few signature guitars and amps become true collectibles.

11. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    The Simmons cab is cool but the head is lame (IMO);)

12. That would be a fair questions. I suppose finding one near me for pickup and or finding it available at all is the challenge. That makes it collectable to me. But really it just looks amazing. Wasn't there only 50 of these made? I am still looking into details.

13. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Sounds like you already have a collection going! You might regret it later if you let it slip by... :)

Fab Superlative and Jim Burkland like this.
  14. You nailed it! I agree. The same guy had an original Flip Top and I already regret not buying that off of him. lol

mikewalker likes this.
  15. Brother, sounds like you've been hangin' around TB too much recently haha, haven't we all? :rolleyes:

Would this guy happen to have an Ampeg Heritage B-15 that's he's thinking about letting go?
    Because I have local ca$h money to buy that honey.
    See- I've been hangin' out here too much lately myself.:D

Jim Burkland likes this.
  16. I think he DID have one. Not entirely sure of the model. Ill ask if he sold it or what.

Yeah I'm on Talkbass way too much lol - oh well!

Fab Superlative likes this.
  17. Get the heritage svt and 810. No way a ss 350 watt head and 215 cab could keep up. Looks cool though.

Jim Burkland likes this.
  18. Don't get me wrong, I do agree the Heritage is nicer in many ways. But I may never ever see a SVT-GS again in my lifetime. I suppose that's the allure.

19. He DID have one. The same one I failed to purchase. Sold.

Fab Superlative likes this.
  20. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    The answer is simple:

1- If you are a collector, get both.
    2- If you are a player, get the Heritage.
    3- If you are a GS fan, get the signature model.

Jim Burkland likes this.