1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg just dropped a bomb on Facebook...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JimmyM, Jul 5, 2012.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    On Ampeg's Facebook page, they posted the pic of JohnK's 3 V4B's and said, "V4B?"

I don't have any inside info, but I have a feeling Summer NAMM's going to be a little bigger for bass amps than Winter NAMM.

2. Oh how interesting...

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    That's cool. The market needs more lower power tube amps.

We will see it it can stand up to the Fender 100T. The old one can't.

:bag:

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    You really don't expect anyone to believe that, do you?

:D

5. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    If they re-release that amp I will be the first to buy it! The SVT was a little too much for my needs. The V4B would be perfect for me.

6. Let's call it a Heritage model and sell it for 2 grand. Let's hope that isn't the case.

7. ::hyper::::bassist::

That'd be cool. I've been looking at lower wattage tube amps.

8. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Just ask anyone that has had both..

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Hey, everyone's entitled to the wrong opinion.

BAM!!!

10. John D

John D Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    Hey, Jimmy. You know I'm an Ampeg man, but I was a Fender man first. Based on early reports here on TB, Fender has really stepped the game with the Bassman 100T. If Ampeg doesn't follow up in kind, I'm afraid they may get crushed in this battle. IIRC, they have done this once before, and it wasn't well received. Did I miss something? Anyway, it's going to be fun to watch what happens. ;)

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    The V4BH came out at a time when 100w tube amps weren't as appreciated as they are now. I think it'll be a whole different story.

12. Take this FWIW...
    I was in my local Mom'nPopshop this week (looking for Hartke Model 2000 rack ears..anybody got any???) and we got to talking about Ampeg/Hartke/Peavey bass heads. Long story short, they state they're absolutely done with new Ampegs due to the high failure rate out of the box. Once again, this was their opinion, I'm only passing on what my local shop stated (and matches some word-on-the-street stories).

Long story short, Ampeg is gonna have to clean up this QC/PR mess as well as release cool new (old?) stuff.

13. John D

John D Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    Please, did you have to go there?

14. I'd love to see it in a downsized case. Lil Bastard sized. :D

15. John D

John D Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    At least they have the advantage of knowing what Fender has already done, so they have no excuse for not getting it right. I hope it works out well for them. As I said before, this is going to be interesting.

16. It also, if I'm correct, which I might not be, was just the preamp of the SVT-CL with 200 less watts, whereas the old V4B was a somewhat different circuit. To the best of my knowledge. Also I'm pretty sure that the old V4B's 100W rating was conservative, by quite a bit, and I've heard that this was not the case with the V4BH. I'd still like to have a V4BH though.

17. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Is someone trying to sell john's stuff without him knowing again??

18. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    I'd love to see a miniature V4B.

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    I pray to God they don't make it miniature. I'd still give it a shot, but I'm only going to commit to the big iron without hearing it first ;)

20. John D

John D Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    Wouldn't that just make it a micro-mini-SVT? :smug: