Ampeg PF500 with Aguilar SL112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by colicchio, May 6, 2019.

1. colicchio

colicchio

Jun 24, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    I recently purchased an Aguilar SL112 to use with my Ampeg PF500 and I wanted to see if anyone else has tried a similar combo.

The cab is rated at 250 watts with a Max of 500 watts, while the head pushes 300 watts at 8 ohms. Initially I plan to use it for practice around the house at lower volumes, so I don't suspect the higher power output of the head will damage the cabinet. I also intend to add a second SL112 to the mix so I'm pushing the full 500 watts.

I know a lot of folks pair these cabs with Tone hammer 350, 500, or 750 heads but the price, features and tone sold me on the Ampeg. I haven't heard much about the PortaFlex cabinets though so I decided against getting a PF 410 or 210.

I should have the new cab in a few days and intend to test it out and report back.

2. colicchio

colicchio

Jun 24, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    The Aguilar SL112 sounds great, looks great, and is super light (they weren't lying). I haven't been able to really push it yet but I'm definitely on the lookout for another one so I can run the head at full power.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021