1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg style knobs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sydandpaigesdad, Sep 28, 2013.

1. sydandpaigesdad

sydandpaigesdad

Dec 5, 2010
    Trying to ask this question the right way lol. Looking at the ampeg ba 112 and I'm a little confused as what exactly the style knobs work. In other words why are they there, what's their purpose? What do you do with the EQ in relation to the different styles? I get these are quite silly questions but I honestly want to be clear on this lol. Thanks in advance

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Having no idea what a know does is a rare and golden opportunity to let your ears decide where it sounds best, without the burden of preconception.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The style knob has different EQ's that you can flip through quickly to change the sound of your amp. Some you might like, some you might not. Me, I always just leave it in the middle when I've played a BA112, which is off, and I use the other knobs to get a sound. The manual tells you exactly what frequency centers get raised and cut in the specs section:

http://www.ampeg.com/manuals/BA-112.PDF