Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVP BSP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jawzzz, Oct 27, 2003.

1. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Well as you probally already know, I recently bought an Eden navigator preamp which I a very pleased with. The second part to my recent G.A.S. attack has arrived today. I am now a proud owner of an Ampeg SVP BSP.

This is a great preamp. The clean channel is Ampeg typical thick, growling tone. Then there is the overdrive channel. I have tried a few overdrive pedals and did not like them.This thing really sounds good IMO. The two channels can be combined to add an amazing sound. I know that OD will not be used alot, but it sure is fun when I am bored or in a rut. The best part is that I picked it up brand new for $450 tax icluded.:D

2. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    what is the difference between the svp-pro, and the svp-bsp?

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice, I´m looking for one of those puppies too!!!

hey, could you post some sound clips???

4. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The SVP PRO has a graphig eq,tube drive control and 4 more tubes in it(3 12AX7,1 12 AU7 driver tube). It is a very thick sound, even more so than the BSP.

The BSP has two channels(clean and overdrive),compressor,and a gate. It does not have an eq, but it has tone controls for each channel.

Both are great preamps IMO.

CaracasBass, I will try to post soundclips, but I won't make any promises.:) :bassist: