Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jawzzz, Oct 27, 2003.

1. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Well as you probally already know, I recently bought an Eden navigator preamp which I a very pleased with. The second part to my recent G.A.S. attack has arrived today. I am now a proud owner of an Ampeg SVP BSP.

This is a great preamp. The clean channel is Ampeg typical thick, growling tone. Then there is the overdrive channel. I have tried a few overdrive pedals and did not like them.This thing really sounds good IMO. The two channels can be combined to add an amazing sound. I know that OD will not be used alot, but it sure is fun when I am bored or in a rut. The best part is that I picked it up brand new for $450 tax icluded.:D
  2. cods

Sep 16, 2003
    what is the difference between the svp-pro, and the svp-bsp?
  3. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice, I´m looking for one of those puppies too!!!

hey, could you post some sound clips???
  4. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The SVP PRO has a graphig eq,tube drive control and 4 more tubes in it(3 12AX7,1 12 AU7 driver tube). It is a very thick sound, even more so than the BSP.

The BSP has two channels(clean and overdrive),compressor,and a gate. It does not have an eq, but it has tone controls for each channel.

Both are great preamps IMO.

CaracasBass, I will try to post soundclips, but I won't make any promises.:) :bassist: