Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVP Pro problems!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XBartX, Mar 27, 2004.

1. XBartX

XBartX

Dec 14, 2003
    Hello,
    I've bought a used SVP Pro preamp and it really worked fine for me, but since the last rehearsal the preamp really made me mad. After playing for about 2 hours the svp was still under power but there came no sound out of it. I had to turn it off and wait some time and then it worked fine for about 10 minutes and the same problem came along again. Was the preamp just overheated? What if it happens on a gig........ Anybody who had problems like this before? Please help!

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi,

This sounds like one of those problems where you are just better off taking it into a service tech. It might cost you about $60 depending on the shop, but it's the quickest, surest way to get your pre back to work.

3. axe

axe

Feb 1, 2003
    Yukon Oklahoma
    I am sure it is the same problem all the svp's have, Bad solder joints. I had one for a short while and had a hard time getting rid of it because of the reliability issues. I had it worked on to fix the solder problem $75.00

4. I have A SVT4 Pro and that happened to me and I took it directly to AMPEG(St Louis Music)They went thru the whole thing for free..pleased me to death..they back dated my warnenty reallly cool guys to work with....

5. XBartX

XBartX

Dec 14, 2003
    Maybe it's better to give my pre to a music store. Sending it to Ampeg directly would be the best option but I'm from Germany so it would take much too long (I'm very impatient).
    Thanks for the answers!

6. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Any good repair shop should be able to work on it. Doesn't have to be ampeg, although that would be ideal.