1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg v4 and my 810e

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eimale, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Eimale

Eimale

Oct 26, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    First, I'm loving my late 70's v4! My questions are impedance. On the back of the 810e, are 3 jacks. Top jack is for top 4 10s. then there are two jacks under it. I've been plugging into the lower right, engaging all 8 10's. The question regards the labeling of the jacks, they all seem to be 4 ohms. What is the second lower jack for? What are the referring to when talking about stereo? The V4 is set a 4 ohms, the jack is labeled 4 ohms for the 8 10's. Is this right? I can run the top 4 at 4 ohms, and then all 8 at 4 ohms? It sounds good, just want it to be correct. Also, the foot switch on the V4, is it for the reverb or a channel switch, possibly a pre amp pot switch? I love this pairing, I'm getting great tones, fuzz, and plenty of volume, I just want to have a better understanding of the possibilities available with this head.:help:

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    There are two 8 ohm sections, top and bottom. When both are run via the 810 jack they parallel to 4 ohms.

3. Eimale

Eimale

Oct 26, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    That makes better since to me. Thanks for clarifying that. So, cool, I'm set correctly. Regarding the remainder of my quire, I see the foot switch is a ground switch for the reverb, which is no use to me 'cause I'm not a fan of reverb on bass. Has anyone heard of some sort of foot switch/pot/master volume used on these 1976-1979 V4's? Mine looks like the one on the Ampeg v4 homepage. I've left questions on their forums as well, still no response, and honestly I value these readers a bit more, being we are bass focused.

4. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma