1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amplitube

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by mikenewman@fron, Apr 26, 2009.

1. mikenewman@fron

mikenewman@fron

Nov 29, 2008
    I am thinking about Amplitube 2 to use as a practice amp. Any opinions would be appreciated.

2. Good for guitar, didn't like it for bass.

I'm quite fond of the Ampeg SVX software for bass tho :)

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    If you already own Amplitude it will work fine.
    There are many other options if you don't.
    It's a good way to what different amps, cabs, and mics can do for you.

4. mikenewman@fron

mikenewman@fron

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, I am old school so this technoligy fasinates me. Who would a thought this would be possible 30 years ago.?

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    For old school (i understand you mean in tech terms though) how about the Fender version of Amplitube.
    Personally ive gone through Amplitube 1 and 2 (didnt like them for bass), the Ampeg BVX one and the Fender one. Even the Markbass one as a trial.
    I still prefer Guitar rig 3 for this sort of thing but thats just me. Never been in to vintage or tube sounds (even though i play a P with flats ;-) and cant afford the MB one at the moment.
    You can get demo's of all of them i think.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    One surprise for me recently was POD Farm that comes with all the Line-6 USB interfaces. It is a "lite" edition, but a pretty good offering considering it's essentially free with the interface.

7. MindSpark

MindSpark

Nov 27, 2008
    Egypt
    I got the TC-Electronic Powercore compact. and it comes with several bundled plugins. One of them is Tubifex. Has been doing everything I want for recording. I don't like to use soft plugins live or during practice though.