Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An Open Apology

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I'd like to explain a few things about the last couple of angry posts I have penned.

I found TB about 6 weeks ago and signed up about a month ago. This was at the same time that I finally decided to switch to Sadowsky.

TB seemed like a cool place and I signed up and donated my $20. Since the first couple posts I began receiving a TON of negative emails about Sadowsky's. Over 100 actually!

All the typical stuff, "you're an idiot for buying them, they are Warmoth parts basses, Roger is ripping people off, how stupid are you to drop Warwick" and more. This was very odd to me to say the least.

Then I saw similar stuff in threads and I had finally had it. However, I should not have lashed out like that and there are some that I lashed out at incorrectly.

So, I apologize to anyone I pissed off! Wasn't my intention to anger anyone. I have never been one to take abuse lightly or back down from a fight. But, I could have handled it better (like putting strict filters on my email).

Many on here have been very helpful regarding new gear I am considering and other things. That is appreciated.

We are all bassists with the same goals and similar dreams. We have better things to focus on then what someone plays; like bashing cocky guitarists and premadonna singers! ;)

All the best to all TB'ers!

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Thats bizarre, I've posted plenty of times about Sadowsky and never got any emails ...

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Maybe I shouldn't have put my website in my signature line? :(

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've slammed so many manufacturers here over the past two or so years, and never got a single email or PM in response to any of them. Sorry, but something just doesn't add up here, and I can't help but keep feeling that.

5. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Its probably one guy with a dozen email adresses. Notice any similarity in writing patterns?

6. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    Hey Big Mike. If there's one thing I can tell you here, it's that there are a lot of people here that "get" the Sadowsky thing, and for us, no explanation is needed. We understand that feeling.

As for getting the emails from people ripping sadowsky - that I just don't understand. First, why spend time bashing?? More importantly, though, what would possess someone to send those kind of nasty emails out just cause they don't agree with your taste??? Kinda scary.

7. Ilovepink? :eyebrow:

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

:D

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

Hadn't thought of that. About 25 of them came within the first week and they say the same types of things.

I guess that is possible.

If that is the case it is scary. There are weird peole out there. You never know.

Nonetheless, my apology was and is warranted!

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey BigMikeW, When I saw your post reaming people about bashing Sadowsky basses I was put back to say the least. There are people here who think they are over rated and more of a status symbol than what they can actaully do for them. I have tried a metro and while it had a very clean and articulate sound I was not impressed, that does not give me the right to bash Sadowsky basses though. I have a bassist friend who is on the who's who list of top studio FIRST CALL BASSIST an he has resisted Rogers attemps to get him to play one of his basses for 20+ years. I heard a bass player on the memorial day weekend playing a Sadowsky when he might as well been playing an essex! when I asked him what type of bass he was playing just to be sure he arrogantly said "it's a Sadowsky", like I said he would have been better off with an essex! There are some sadowsky owners on this board who act like complete d**ks because they own a Sadowsky while the majority of Sadowsky owners here are very humble and carry themselves as gentlemen, never bashing what someone else chooses to play. It's those few who want to make other's how can I say feel guilty or inferior because they play something besides a Sadowsky.
    Hey buddy it took a big man to come back and openly apolgize to the people here, next time just don't personalize others preferences. :)

11. It is a bit odd. I'd never heard of a bad word spoken against Sadowsky until you posted that thread. I've seen plenty of people talk about how happy they are with their basses as I'm sure you are. It looks like that email filter should solve your problems.

12. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    That's pretty clever. You sure you didn't author BigMike's emails?

13. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    Bottom line is that if you like what you play then who cares what anyone else thinks. I am thrilled with my Sadowsky, but I have never told anyone they should go buy one. I got it because it was what I wanted for me and my tastes. I enjoy rappin' with other sadowsky people because it seems we have shared a lot of similar feelings and experiences with these instruments.

I get just as uncomfortable when I see posts bashing low end Ibanez's (which I used as a mainstay for 10+ years) or Squires as I do when seeing the Sadowsky bashing stuff.

There's lots of different makes that get lots of love for different reasons. It just so happens the Sadowsky fans are pretty vocal around here.

14. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Does it really matter? There's a lot more to talk about around here than a single manufacturers basses. Perhaps that's why BigMikeW has received all of the negative email that he's said that he has. I don't really know. It does seem that Sadowsky's are the only thing he's been talking about since he's been there. Which is okay, just don't be suprised if people chime in with whatever remarks they deem appropriate. I don't know BigMikeW but I'll tell you this, if his posting style and direction is anything like his conversational style in real life, I'm sure there are lots of folks that take issue with him whether he's listening or not. It's just human nature, when you go on an on about stuff people either stop listening or do and say things to get you to hopefully think about what your saying or stop going on and on and on. Of course this is just my opinion, your mileage may vary, read the fine print and all that.

15. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Amen.

16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Now if he were talkin about Bongos there'd be no problems at all.

17. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    So it's safe to say, if you had been a member a year or so ago, you might have taken a dim view of someone talking up Sadowskys, and dissing Warwicks?

:D

"Bashing" is certainly not appropriate, anytime. But if we both stick around long enough, sooner or later, I'll post negatively about a bass or piece of gear that you like. And sooner or later, you'll post negatively about somethng I like.

And we'll both go out that night with the basses and gear we prefer, and make people's butts move.

Just don't let it get to you. :cool:

18. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Going on and on about anything I think is a problem, even if it's a Bongo. Mind you there isn't a Bongo that I've played that I didn't like and all the ones that I've played have been at a Guitar Center.

19. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Mike is obviously just excited about some new gear. Get over it.

20. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Why is it a problem? If you don't care, don't read the thread. Simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.