1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

And another one. :( Catalinbread's Nicholas Harris dies.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Marial, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
  2. Terrible news, very sad. :(

jp58 and P-oddz like this.
  3. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I just saw this too. That's incredibly sad.
    Catalinbread is a great company doing a lot of neat effects. What a freak tragedy.

4. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    Wow. Just wow...... :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    37! Way too young. :(

InhumanResource and blindrabbit like this.
  6. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I just merged the two threads.

7. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Holy crap! Talk about random accidents. If he had just left his house 5 minutes earlier or later................Just goes to show that living life as if it's your last day is definitely a good way to do it. RIP to Nicholas Harris.....you made some real nice stuff.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  8. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

Sep 23, 2009
    This same thing happened to a guy in my hometown a few years ago. He was older, but still. Left the house during a heavy windstorm and a huge, dead, old tree that I had passed by hundreds of times and always looked sideways at fell right on top of the cab of his truck. Guy was going 55-60mph on a country highway road and it hit him square on. Crazy.

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    How awful. RIP. I just heard on the radio about the high winds in the area causing one death last night/this morning; did not realize who it was.

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Poor guy. How many great pedals will we never get ?

11. Very sorry to hear! Thoughts go out to his family and the Catalinbread crew.

I bought a pedal that he designed today, before hearing about this. The Adineko. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but the sound from it was so inspiring that I couldn't ignore it. I don't know what other pedals he's been involved in designing, but I'm a big fan of Catalinbread. It is by far the most frequent company logo of the pedals on my board.

12. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    That is very sad news. Very very sad.

13. :(

14. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Terrible news. I live in Warrenton, which is just a little bit away from where he died. The winds reached almost 100 miles an hour on Wednesday night. I can't imagine why he was driving during the storm, but I'm sorry he was out. It was really really crazy here.

15. WheatPenny

WheatPenny

Dec 12, 2014
    Terrible news , I can't imagine what the family is going through. I can't offer my condolences enough

16. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Rest in peace Nicholas. Your work is a part of music all over the world. The WIIO pedal is an absolute gem, and one of my favorite over drives of all time. My best wishes to his family and friends.

nshuman likes this.
  17. Esoge

Esoge

Jun 22, 2014
    Glassboro, NJ
    Very very sad. He will be missed. R.I.P. to another person who made the world a brighter place.

nshuman likes this.
  18. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Dec 28, 2012
    Truly awful. 37 is far too young for it all to end. Just getting going at that age.

19. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    ohhhh noooo, really really bad & sad!!!

but strange thing in real-time: i was just about to sell my Catalinbread SFT (v1.0) when i got the notice about his death ... changed my mind, i will keep (t)his pedal for ever now... this is my way to praise and keep Nicholas Harris (Catalinbread) in my mind.