Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

And now let me proudly present...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Feb 20, 2006.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

...my just born kidney stone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As some of you may remember, I suffer from this since I was 20 and this one started bugging me like one month ago. It made me spend some sleepless nights with a bag of hot water because I can't find someone here who gives me a shot of ketoprophene at 1:00 A.M.

Anyway, on February 20th 2006, at 4:57 A.M. Colombian time, this /&%$·"%/&/()=?* has seen the light. I have all of my offsprings with their date of birth (the youngest one was born on June 11/04). BTW, I'm not a doctor, but 19 years of experience with this problem give me enough authority to tell you about the symptoms and how the transit goes. And no, the delivery isn't as painful as you may think.

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Congratulations! What did you name it? Boy or girl?

Seriously...it really isn't as bad passing the stone. It's when it gets caught and lodged in the Ureter. Words cannot explain the pain I was in for the first hours. Eventually they had me so doped up on Demeral, Morphine, and they actually gave me nitro to keep the stuff flowing a lil faster in me. The whole weekend was a blur to me. They were planning to go in and get the sucker, then it disapeared off the X-ray. So..they let me go home. The next morning, I hear a lil "tcik" on the porcelain. Thar' she blows!. Didn't feel a thing.

3. I thought they were bigger...

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    The way I was acting you would a thought someone was driving a splintered up treated lumber stake through me.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Heh.

That's pretty gross. Like posting pics of your cat's hairballs.

I like it.

6. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    This deserves the "disgusting thread of the year" award.

At first I thought it was a booger, then I read more and realized what it was. The truth slowly reared its ugly head.....:eek: Agh, I regret opening this thread.:bawl:

Err....congrats?

7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

There are HUGE kidney stones and of course they can't get out through the natural ways. I heard long ago about a guy who had one of those as big as an average hand's size and it had to be removed by surgery. That was so long ago and that surgery was VERY traumatic. Recovery was like six months. Now there's a treatment with ultrasonic waves (I think) that destroy the stones so they can be eliminated naturally (it's called "litotricia" in Spanish. I don't know how's that called in English). The dangerous thing about huge stones is that since they can't get out, they're completely asymptomatic so you don't know you have one of those.

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY ! E-BAY !

looks damn painful

9. Beat me to it! I think he's a little too attached to them to sell them, though :D

10. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

They come from my own flesh and blood! What do you expect?? Would you sell your kids?!

:D :D

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude, that is sick. Sick as in gross, not sick as in rad.

-Mike

12. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I'm just damn glad mine got lost and came out on its own. I wasn't going to get lucky to have the ultrasound procedure. Seems there is only so many of those machines in our area and it just left town a few days before. No, no they were gonna go right through you know where to snag it and wrench it out!

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    You ought to make yours into jewelry. Make a necklace out of it. Great conversation pieces! Rings are good for showing off some of the larger ones. I know someone who did that with her gallstones...:eek:

And I think the term you were looking for in English is Lithotripsy. Let me go check...yup, that's it.

Kidney stones and gall stones are pretty wicked. Glad you got it out! I think they're gross, too, in a sick and disgugustingly cool way...:D

14. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

[​IMG]

15. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    ....and sweat.....and....erm....."waste."

Blood? was it that bad? eek, I feel sick for just being near this thread.....:(

16. ROTFLMAO!!!!
    Glad I have no first hand knowledge of this experience, although I have worked the emergency room when patients were waiting for one of these to pass. They were not very happy. I'm not sure I would want to desecrate my Bongo just to get the photo, however. I'd rather see another full size photo of your Bongo, Kustom Groove Bass 1200 and cabs.

17. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    hahaha! almost spit out my water.

[​IMG]

added mouth and legs. Someone should photoshop him playing Alvaro's bongo!

18. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    +1
    Definitely the nastiest thread I've seen in a while.

19. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

In fact, in 19 years of experience with kidney stones, this is the first one that made me pee visible blood. All of the others only turned the urine into a dark yellow color, but this one turned it red when the problem started like one month ago. It lasted like five days, though. Then the color returned to dark yellow.