1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another new member

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by toothbrush, Jun 2, 2014.

1. toothbrush

toothbrush

May 31, 2014
    Greetings TalkBass members! This is my official "new guy" post. I will be up-front about this and say that I am not a bassist. I have been drumming for 15 years now, and drums are my main instrument. But, my brother (who I write and record with) is primarily a bassist and I've been around him for such a long time and I've always loved bass as a result of him loving bass.

I'd say that as far as bassists go, I'm most inspired by Michael Manring. His music is tremendous, and his approach to bass playing is really unique to me.

Anyway, cheers from St. Louis, MO!

-Owen McKinley

2. Welcome to the bottom end. Look forward to your comments. Bass line posts from a drummer's point of view would add value.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  3. toothbrush

toothbrush

May 31, 2014
    Thanks, MalcolmAmos!