Another show at Knott's

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassCliff, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

It was a pleasant evening in Buena Park at Knott's Berry Farm, where fun is fun!

The Kelly Rae Band played our "two for Tuesday", two shows on Tuesday evening and they went like clockwork except for the line I dropped in one my my songs, which nobody noticed.

Here we are in the green room getting ready to put on the show.

DSCF3023.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

A couple random shots on stage.

DSCF3028.jpg

DSCF3031.jpg

I'll be getting my Carvin LB76 back from the factory on Friday, just in time for our weekend at The Ranch in Anaheim. In the meantime my Guild Pilot 5-string is going quite well after a fresh set of strings, some maintenance, and a new setup.

Here's a shot of the stage after dark with some lighting.

DSCF3033.jpg

As you can tell, when we've got full sound we don't bring a lot of gear on stage. We let the sound company do all the work. ;)

It's a busy week for this weekend warrior, Tue-Sun with Knott's, three concerts in the park, and a weekend in our favorite nightclub (http://theranch.com). This old country bass player is gettin' it while the gettin's good! :D

Break a leg!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Your photos are too big/high res. Take forever to load on slow connections. Please consider making them smaller / lower res.

3. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Yes, I host the full resolution pictures on my Skydrive and the forum software resizes them. They can take a while to load on a slow connection. I'll see what I can do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BassCliff

4. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Mass.
    Looking at BassCliff's pics from various shows I submit I would like to be BassCliff, however perhaps just for a weekend, any more than that and I do believe I would fall asleep on stage after so many gigs in a week/weekend.

5. JumboJack

JumboJack

Dec 31, 2007
    Lakewood,CA.
    I grew up at Knott's. Saw The Untouchables on that stage about 25 years ago.

Thanks for the cool gig reports Cliff!

6. Leialoha

Leialoha

Jun 13, 2008
    San Francisco
    Nice to know they are still putting on these shows. The first live music I can remember hearing as a kid was there: the Sons of the Pioneers... a looong time ago!

7. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Awww, you guys are too nice! Thank you for the encouragement. I imagine we will slow down a little after our summer season but I hope you don't mind if I share my fun.

There is a different show going on the rest of the week on that stage. I think it's some kind of pirate circus show. For the Tuesdays we are not there they have a Beatles tribute band. I'm going to take my daughter to see them. She is a Beatles fanatic at 13 years old! ;-)

BassCliff

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021