Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another, 'wouldn't this hurt?' thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, May 20, 2005.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    She must have tried to suck it the up the vacuum. :eyebrow:

2. Funny you should say that.......the aprrot that that happened to is sat on my knee, presently trying to destroy my jeans.

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    The what with the who?

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Oh come on, you know... the smae way I'm is sat in my chare rite now, is typing this to yuo.

:smug:

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    'another, doesn't this thread hurt'

man, i make myself laugh sometimes.

6. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Well, there's no blood so I'd say no. Looks like a love peck. If one of those things really bit you, you'd be in serious trouble. I've been bitten by one of those grey red-tail ba$tards over at a friends house 10 years ago. U can still see the scar now.
    And he didn't even talk.

7. Well that parrot wasn't "Pining for the fjords"

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    true Nick, a Macaw can easily remove fingers from an adult hand if'n it felt the need or want...

BUT, a properly hand trained and domesticated parrot would be just touching a person... feeling the little fleshy bits. My old Ivory Conure use to nibble my nose and ears all the time.

I cannot believe it died over 20 years ago :(

the last few visits, I've been becoming friendly with a Sun Conure at the local shop.

9. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    :D

10. Wow, there must be easier ways to satisfy your parrot's desire for phlegm...

11. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Parrots rule. A friend of mine in high school had an African Gray that was around 30 years old. We taught it to sing Metallica songs.

12. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    A bird just like that one bit my friend when he worked at a pet store..he punched it. You can still see a scar, and he doesn't work there anymore.

13. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Well that's no big surpise, was it his decision or theirs?