1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any NAMM bass rumors yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hevy T, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    Any NAMM bass gear rumors yet?

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  2. I follow Instagram / Facebook accounts of manufacturers. Some have been posting articles or pictures of items they will be bringing to NAMM. Some have been sending email newsletters. When NAMM comes closer, @wintremute usually creates a thread where he uploads tons of photos taken during the show. I always subscribe to the thread and remain glued to it throughout the weekend.

Wisebass, GregC, Element Zero and 3 others like this.
  3. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    This year, under advice from my wife and friends, I'm not going to be posting as many pictures during NAMM. In the past what I would do is take pictures all day, then go back to my room and spend hours uploading them, missing out on events and sleep.

This year I'm going to attend more of the after NAMM activities, post a few pictures, and get some sleep. The following Monday I'll start the task of posting all of the pictures.

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    That sounds remarkably sane.

Jamarvic, aproud1, neptoon and 25 others like this.
  5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Genzler will be live (Facebook) on Wednesday with a new product announcement.

6. Naviiin

Naviiin

Jun 2, 2019
  7. Completely understandable. Your health is most important. Thank you for posting the pictures the prior years.

8. Bergantino posted this. Aside from the name, we do not know much yet about their new line of speakers.

Kevan Campbell and GregC like this.
  9. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    California
    I'll be there working as media taking photos of whatever I come across that's interesting or newsworthy, so if there is something you all want me to photograph or attempt to demo, feel free to post it here or PM me. The show is very overwhelming to try and walk aimlessly through, so any requests to see something helps me to set out a path.

kohanmike, Wisebass, BOOG and 5 others like this.
  10. Darkglass debuts new lighter-weight speaker cabinets, which are already listed for sale at Sweetwater.

"In the music industry, the era of compromises is over. The modern musician expects it all: flexibility, amazing tone, power-handling, and portability. All in one product!

We are very excited to announce a new cabinet line that embodies all of these qualities.

Featuring the same gorgeous, distinctive Darkglass look with carbon-fiber Tolex, now loaded with custom-made Eminence® neodymium drivers for a super low-weight solution with the massive and present tone, performance, and... reliability we are known for.

But that’s not all! In addition to 210 and 410 configurations, we have two new models: 2x12 and 1x12 for additional sonic possibilities and enhanced portability.

These new cabinets are the perfect match for our award-winning amplifier line.
    --
    More on the DG112N Bass Cabinet: https://www.darkglass.com/dg112n
    More on the DG210N Bass Cabinet: https://www.darkglass.com/dg210n
    More on the DG410N Bass Cabinet: https://www.darkglass.com/dg410n
    More on the DG212N Bass Cabinet: https://www.darkglass.com/dg212n
    "​

DrMole, scottm and GregC like this.
  11. GrapeBass

GrapeBass

Jun 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Graphic designer: Yorkville Sound
    Go to the Yorkville Sound Booth
    • Traynor YBA100 All Tube 100W amp... baby version of the YBA300
    • Traynor Big Block 115 (BB115) 1x15 + HF driver Combo amp (New proprietary Class-D super-power amp) front end is a derivative of the popular SB series.

12. Posted by Dingwall

mikezimmerman, Low84, scottm and 4 others like this.
  13. Sadowsky

14. From Pete Hilton

15. From Jens Ritter

wagdog, SethD, osv and 12 others like this.
  16. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    PM sent. Hope to see you there!

17. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Hopefully manufacturers are starting to realize that they need to reduce the lag time between showing new product to the public and having them available for purchase. Which is a really good thing.

Even 10 years ago it was no big deal to debut a product with a prototype at NAMM and not have it hit stores for 6 or 7 months. But as industry coverage has gotten to where there's now same-day videos, the GAS is wearing off if you make people wait too long.

I was looking at the Ibanez EHB that's going to "officially" debut at NAMM and it's already listed online as being delivered in March. That's a lot better than July/August. If they make that date.

Kyuuga and kjp360 like this.
  18. Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  19. arbiterusa

arbiterusa

Sep 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Yep. Production of new basses has been outlawed in the United States due to the new CITES regulations. Used sales are still legal withing US borders. Tubes have been outlawed, all amps must be class D to conform to European market safety regulations. All amplifiers must now have a decibel governing device to keep overall db exposure under 90db, as established by OSHA.

yberwaffe, M.R. Ogle, DrMole and 7 others like this.
  20. Brubaker

osv, DrMole, BrentSimons and 3 others like this.