1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any recommendatins on a beginer's book for Logic Pro?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by paulraphael, May 7, 2006.

1. paulraphael

paulraphael

Apr 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    If you heard me play, you'd stop reading what I write.
    Not just a beginer, a stupid beginer.

I don't know what it is about recording software, bit it's so unintuitive for me that it actually makes my brain hurt.

Anyway, the used computer I just bought has a copy of logic pro 7.0 on it, and I want to figure it out. It makes my brain hurt a little less than my last program did (Cubase SX version something or other) but I'm still suffering.

I don't need to go crazy. Right now I'd be happy to just be able to lay down some tracks, loop a few of them, and apply some eq and pluggins.

If there's a book that's less than an inch thick to get me started, that would be perfect.

Thanks!

2. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    I know this will be no help at all but from what I hear from my associates, you picked one of the most difficult software packages of them all to try and learn. Get some professional help or start with Garageband and see if you really like the process cause that's a huge learning curve.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    The Apple Press book is good. expensive but good.

the Environment is briefly covered and thats probably where you will have the most questions once you break the ice on the program. i think the Advanced Logic book from Apple covers it more thoroughly.

also check out www.logicprohelp.com those guys are great.

4. Danimal00

Danimal00 Dealer: Sweetwater

Feb 28, 2006
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sound Senior Sales Engineer
    You may also want to look into some online streaming tutorials if you have a fast internet connection. I've sent quite a few of my clients to www.grooveboxmusic.com and they have been happy with the quality of the information. There is nothing like seeing the process happen on screen.

Check out a Free Tutorial on Logic7 here:
    http://www.grooveboxmusic.com/store/home.php?cat=258

and they also list out the titles of all of the videos that they have on Logic 7.