1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody use an auction sniper?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by matrok, Mar 13, 2008.

1. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Are they all the same? Do you feel safe giving them your eBay information?

2. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I use auctionstealer.com with no problems.

3. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I just checked that one as Chef recommended it, but it looks to be dead, unless I'm missing something.

4. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    thank you

5. Sniping software is for sissies.

6. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Hey! :atoz:

7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's very handy and I use it all the time when I can't be present at the end of an auction. I use http://www.auctionsniper.com .

Sniping is about the only way to win auctions on Ebay. The auction doesn't start until the last 30 minutes. If you ain't sniping, you are either paying WAY, WAY too much by over-bidding, or you're not winning.

8. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I usually do my own sniping, but there was one time when my connection went south and I lost an auction. There's something coming up that I would really like to snag and don't want to have something like that happen again. Not that their servers couldn't go down :eek:

9. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    I got too nervous giving someone my info.
    I like the rush of time-conscious bidding anyway.

10. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    That's what I was thinking. I'll probably sign up for it on the day of the auction and then change my password after using it.

11. How bout just bidding what your willing too pay once. That way you don't over-bid, I know it sounds a little crazy. If you don't win chances are another item just like it in better condition comes along 2 weeks later.

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I agree, and the way most people bid on eBay just confuses me.

There's 5 days left on an auction and no current bids. Why would you bid on it now? You're probably bidding on something someone else will want, so why drive the price up for yourself?

13. just snipe is another good one

14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Matt, I've been using Esnipe www.esnipe.com for about a year now with no problems. They don't even charge you for the first two wins. And after, the "bid point" fees (paid in advance) are very nominal and not based on the dollar value of the aution. So far I'm more then pleased. They even notify my if the Auction creaps up pass my price. But I've bought some stuff on Esnipe that has saved me real dollars over the current ebay values. I know because I've resold the stuff for 30-40% more.

15. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Thanks Steve.