Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lesterson, Feb 1, 2005.

1. This is the third cord that its happend to. Where the cord meets the head part that plugs into the amp. It always gets disconnected and the soder hold breaks.

2. What cords are we talking about here? I mean, what brand?

Aside from that, cords don't just 'self destruct'...they break because you dorked with them in some way to cause that to happen. If you're jumping around while playing and yanking the cord in the jack, it will break, no matter what cord you're using. Either get a longer cord, jump around closer to your amp so there's slack, or loop your cord around your amp handle a few times so if you pull the cord, it'll pull your amp over before putting stress on the jack.

ps. Depending on the cord maker, you might have a lifetime warranty and can take it back to the store for a new one.

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Jump closer to the guitar players rig. :D

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    best thing you can do is wrap or loop your cord around somehtin gbefore plugging into the head. that helps you not get disconnected either.

in most cases i do this by looping my cord thru one of the handles on my cabinet. i've also looped thru the handle on my poweramp, but i prefer the cabinet handle route as it's much less likley that the cab will get toppled over than the power amp get pulled off the cab.

5. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    also hoop it around your strap if you don't already to also prevent accidental removal or damage.