Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone ever use an mxr distortion plus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Jan 20, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    anyone? a friend gave it to me and told me to try it on bass. i havent had the oppurtunity yet. but either, if anyone has tried it and has some info or advice, let me know.

2. ddayseb

ddayseb

Mar 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I've tried to use a script-logo D+ with my bass setup, but it didn't really work out. I think my G&L was too hot for the pedal, so it was just fizzy (even though it doesn't do that w/guitar), and had no low end or clarity unless both my bass and the pedal were turned way down. I've heard of people having good experiences with the blocked logo pedal's though, so give it a go.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    thanks man, im not exactly sure if mine is script or blocked. but ill try anyway.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I restored a Block Logo from 1977, played it a while and it worked amazing. Only problem is the MXR D+ is almost identical to the DOD OD250 and a bunch of other overdrives out there. They all have their little advantages, so if the D+ doesn't QUITE have what you want, there's a lot else to try.

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    so i tried it out. ive got they yellow one, the print is practically gone on it so i really dont know if its block or other. anyway, it sounded damn good. infact i was totally blown away by it. it really impressed me. i can get fuzz out o fit or balls the walls rat distortion on of it and anywhere in between.