1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone have a Arbor flying v bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by waycooldude, May 11, 2010.

1. waycooldude

waycooldude

May 11, 2010
    I am looking to acquire a mid 80's Arbor flying V bass... is anyone willing to sell theirs? if not, does anyone have any info on theirs that they can share with me..such as material used for body, neck thru or bolt on, or pics that show the placement of the strap locks...
    hi-res pics of the front,back and headstock front and back...

email me pics to tbone69@rcn.com

or email if interested in selling...thanks,Tom

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Hello mate!

I only know of four of these basses in existence.

and yes, one of them is owned by me.

No, its not for sale. Sorry.

I absolutely love mine to death.

CIMG7583-1.
    CIMG7591.
    CIMG7590.

Dare i ask how you found out about them or what made you want one?

3. waycooldude

waycooldude

May 11, 2010
    well, the Arbor flying v is the same bass Dana Strum from Slaughter plays... it totally looks f'n cool... I was totally into collecting older EXB504 Series Ibanez basses... got 3 of em totally customized ....kinda now looking to get the flying v... I dont really care for the Epi or gibson, or dean though... I really dig the look of the Arbor ...so who else besides u and Dana has one...?

Dana probably has a few of them I am sure... I believe they were made from 85-89 ...do u know any other info about them?

like what kinda wood is used for the body? could u email me some hi res pics of the strap locks... and the body and headstock front and rear.... If I cant find one, I am gonna have a local luthier build me a similiar one...

4. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Looks cool. Are they U.S. made?

Fred

5. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    As far as i know, it was only made for one year.

That year being 1985.

I've seen two on ebay, one i bought, one that Dana Strum had, and then one that was owned by some "cheap junk bass collector" i found whilst researching these basses.

I'll see what i can do strap wise... but honestly, my bass has five or six holes drilled for strap locks... what a pity.

Wood?

It has a Maple Fretboard, Mahogany Neck Core, and Alder wings. Substitute wood as desired, because you want this bass LIGHT. Trust me.

No sir, made in Japan.

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

This thread will probably be deleted very soon. You need to be a supporting member to post for sale and want to buy posts. And they must be in the proper forum, not this one.

7. waycooldude

waycooldude

May 11, 2010
    hey , thanks for the info... again if u could send me pics of the front and back of both the body and headstock and pics of where the strap locks are... ... this will be a great help to me when having one similiarly made....

thanks, Tom

tbone69@rcn.com

8. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Looks like a Gibson Moderne...

9. dannoman

dannoman

Feb 3, 2004
    I know this is an old thread, but i just snagged one of these basses for $20. its in rough, rough shape. should be able (with time) to get it fixed up and working. I freakin hope so. Ill start a new thread and post pics soon.

10. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Cool. I have an Arbor, but the headless Steinberger ripoff one, not the V. Sounds great (replaced the electronics & pickup - went with a DiMarzio "Split P" DP-187).

11. dannoman

dannoman

Feb 3, 2004
    Yeah, this came with Dimarzios in it. Its beat to hell, they drilled holes on the body and headstock, the nut is gone, they painted it themselves. i got my work cut out for me, but if it goes as planned, ill have a bada$$ bass. if not, i got some dimarzios for $20. either way, its a win.

12. blackd1am0nd

blackd1am0nd

May 11, 2018
    Dannoman, whatever happened to the Arbor V you found?

13. Harold Finch

Harold Finch

May 18, 2019