1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone have a olympic white jaguar with a white pickguard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rocknrollbandit, Apr 22, 2010.

1. rocknrollbandit

rocknrollbandit

Jan 15, 2009
    I have an olympic white jaguar and have been contemplating how it would look with a white pickguard, anyone tried this? And if so where did you get the pickguard from and how well does it match the color of the bass?

Thanks!

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Not me, but I'd like to see that too. You'd probably fair better asking for a photoshop though. If anyone does that I'd like to see other colors also.

3. rocknrollbandit

rocknrollbandit

Jan 15, 2009
    That's a good point. If anyone here would be kind enough to do a quick photoshop that would be awesome:)

4. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I love olympic white with a brown tort pickguard but I cant seem to imagine what one with a white pickguard would look like

5. FWIW, here's a guitar version with Olympic White body and white pickguard:

[​IMG]

6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I have a photo of my white Jaguar bass with a white p/g on it. I wanted to see how it would look, so I took it off my Red Hot Red Jaguar bass and put it on the White Jag. Then I put the Tortoise Shell p/g off the White on the HRR Jag.

Both look pretty ugly! Believe me I switched them back immediately after taking the photos.

I'll post them shortly.

TD

7. rocknrollbandit

rocknrollbandit

Jan 15, 2009
    anyone?

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I Love white on white. Not a Jaguar though, so not entirely helpful.

[​IMG]

9. rocknrollbandit

rocknrollbandit

Jan 15, 2009
    is that a white tort guard?

10. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    In my opinion, I think white pickguards on Olympic white bodies look terrible. Its kind of weird when your pickguard is whiter than your bass. However, a tort white pickguard would look pretty cool. Again, all just my opinion.

11. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    ''Pearl White''

12. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Pearloid?

13. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Photoshopped for your convenience. First is "true white." Second matches the Olympic white.

Click on pic to see larger.

Anyone have any other color requests, let me know.

View attachment 164978
    View attachment 164977

14. rocknrollbandit

rocknrollbandit

Jan 15, 2009
    ah thank you! could you do one with a white pearloid, a white tort, and one with a black pickguard? thank you!

15. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Ok,

Sorry for the delay. Here are the photos.

DSCF0072_A.

DSCF0074_A.

Again, all I did was to switch pickguards from one bass to the other for the purpose of the photo. The Tortoise Shell pickguard belongs on the White Jag, while the White pickguard belongs on the Hot Rod Red Jag.

TD

16. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
  17. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Sorry for the delay. Actually had to do some work here at work. The nerve of some people, expecting me to work when I'm at work! ;)

View attachment 164986

18. rocknrollbandit

rocknrollbandit

Jan 15, 2009
    I dig that one! You're the man :hyper:

19. Oh god I just thought of a white P/J Jag with a gold anodized pickguard...now it will haunt my dream like a semi hollow ASAT...

20. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    The main reason your swap on the white Jag looks terrible is because the "white" PG is not actually white; it's mint-green. Fender used the mint-green PG to try to make it look more off-white/vintage to go with the aged block inlays on the neck. A truly white PG might look good, but it's hard to say. I think the white Jag is just too creamy colored to look good with a white PG.