Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have test or own a Bacchus Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I like this bass,is a 36 scale and looks great,but i never hear about them,anyone test or use this bass?the Bass Central price is $1,499 the retail price is $3,250,i think is amazing price for this Bacchus jazz style bass,anyone can tel me more about them?

[​IMG]

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've played a 4 string and I give it a high 5.the quality was top notch and it sounded very modern(a hifi sound)if thats what you're looking for.the Bass was very well balanced and seemed the be very versatile.I myself personaly would check it out if I felt the price was right(they are a bit pricey new)the one I played belongs to Bassist Richard Patterson(David Sanborn,Boz Scaggs).

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    thank you man,this bass look very nice,i fall in love with that pic. :cool:

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I foregot to mention that the Bass is made in Japan(I personaly have no issues with it being made in Japan),just another fine example of the craftmanship that can come from Japan.

5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Ilove americans made but japans made are well made to,a good example are the Fender Jazzes Japanese,they are greats instruments.

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
  7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
  8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice Bacchus Jazz Bass

[​IMG]

9. funkydario

funkydario

Jul 28, 2007
    Paris/France
    I have 4 bacchus , 2 JB RI '64 or '62 and 2 PB RI '51 and '55. Amazing basses from the vintage series. They don't made them anymore (problems with Jender JP ...I guess :eyebrow:
    Craftmanship is " magnifique " , I change pups (Nordstrand JV )and knobs (american made ) put a set of Elixir and ...:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::bassist::bassist::bassist:
    Personnally i don't like japanese pups , I fond them alittle to harsh for me , but luthiery speaking they are top notch. And Bacchus are hand made !! Great basses !!

10. Cool! Good to see another Bacchus owner. Let's see some pictures!

11. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Speaking of which, shouldn't you be posting some new pics right about now? ;)

12. Unfortunately the P-Classic fell through on my part (my wallet was empty after christmas shopping!), although I do have a couple of teasers of the other Bacchus that will definitely be in my hands in a matter of weeks... ;)

13. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Oh? Do elaborate.

14. funkydario

funkydario

Jul 28, 2007
    Paris/France
    RI 62 JB

15. When I was in Japan, I played quite a few Bacchus basses. The tone was nothing extraordinary on the standard Jazz basses. The quality though was top notch. Maybe I'll try the more modern looking ones on my next trip.

16. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I'm lucky enough to have one the Vintage Style Handmade Bacchus basses. These things are Top Shelf all the way. Honestly, if it cost twice what I paid for it, I think I still would have got a fantastic bargain. Again, these basses are outstanding in every way. You aren't real likely to run into too many of them in the U.S. Mine came direct from Japan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. funkydario

funkydario

Jul 28, 2007
    Paris/France
    Well meet my BACCHUS family !!:hyper::bassist::hyper:

18. It's the 70's style one remember ;)

19. The quality is definitely astounding. Tone on the other hand is subjective. Mine sounds just like the Fender CS 64RI (with worn in strings) which is exactly what I lust for :) The best part about this bass is I didn't have to change the pickups to get that tone. Just awesome.

20. So you're the guy who bought them all off Ebay!!! I was looking at the auction winner and they were all the same guy! You certainly scored some bargains that's for sure!