Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here like seafood

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jace The Bass, Dec 23, 2004.

1. I do my fav. are crayfish ( lobster ) , fish , & oysters as well as whitebait fritters hmmmm yum

2. Personally the only seafood I like is shrimp and prawns and crab and stuff like that. I dislike salmon and sardines and fish like that.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    all seafood is good

personally, sushi and sashimi are the best ;)

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    food is good piriod.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    We just went to our local teppan-yaki joint for Yule the other night. Golden shrimp and golden lobster, yum.

6. Yeah. There isn't much else to eat here. Crawfish season is on it's way.

Mike

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    SUSHI!

fish is yummy.

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Fish is where its at.

9. I never really liked fish. I got sick eating seafood a few years ago- I'm just getting back to the point where the idea of shrimp doesn't make me nauseous.

10. Yup, I eat plenty of seafood. Being up in New England we are pretty lucky to have access to plenty of fresh stuff. I've never had crayfish but I enjoy shrimp, crab and lobster every once in a while. At home I make tuna steaks and salmon alot and when I'm out I've been known to hit the raw bar which generally grosses my wife out since she doesn't like any seafood at all. Raw oysters and clams with lots of horse radish and cocktail sauce. Yummy!

Jeff

11. King Crab legs
    Shrimp
    Tuna
    Shark
    Swordfish
    Baked Lobster

Delicious...

12. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

seafood is good food ...
    { fresh water catfish is really my favorite , but just about any fish dish is fine .} :cool:

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to tell ya but crayfish is not lobster. Some people might consider it redneck lobster... Crayfish is a much smaller crustacean that kind of resembles a lobster. Round these parts we call em crawdads or crawfish. They're good eatin' if cooked right...boiled up in cajun spices.

brad cook

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like seafood lots and cook fish once or twice a week for my wife and I. My favorite fish is orange roughy or rainbow trout. I like other kinds of fish with certain sauces and whatnot. I don't think tilapia is good by itself but it makes for a great pairing with any kind of good, heavy sauce. I make a tilapia dish occasionally that is covered in a vodka sauce over pasta that is really good.

I also came up with an easy recipe for crispy shrimp tacos that is awesome. It's one of my favorite recipes.

brad cook

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +1 to Mon's and Zoom's post (except my wife likes seafood.)

DigMe, I've never had them, but I will try them if I get down your way.

16. I like orange roughy too. I usually bread it, bake it and serve it with rice.

Jeff

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I usually cook it with some kind of marinade that's on the subtle side because the roughy taste is so good on it's own. One of my favorites is to marinate it in a tequila-lime suace.

brad cook

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If it lives in water, I've eaten it. And liked most of it.

Sushi is my favorite. Especially eel! YUM!!!:cool:

The only seafood that I don't really care for is octopus.

19. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I love seafoot, especially crab legs or a nice swordfish cut.

nigiri style sushi's good as an occasional treat, though. I hate maki rolls.

20. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    ok who's cooking dinner tonight :p

i nominate digme.