Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know where to get an AMT Mic?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Farin, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Hey, Im looking at the AMT Bass condenser microphone. Where is the cheapest place to get it? Sub $400 maybe? I dunno. Any Sugestions?

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    IF you find it for that, please advise. I have never seen it Anywhere NEAR that. About $600 is what I would expect to pay. I see it around there even at the huge, discount websites.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
  4. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Hey? Does anyone use the K&K Golden Trinity Mic sets, with the Bass Max? I have a Bass Max right now, and I'm thinking about going for the golden mic set. Should I just got AMT? Everyone seems to think so.

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a Golden Trinity system as well as the Golden Bullet mic on its own...The AMT BLOWS it out of the water! The noise rejection, the lack of feedback, and natural sound are a huge improvement over the K&K mic. Granted, the Golden Bullet system is pretty easy to use, and if are playing in a lot of quiet venues it is fine. But if you want the best reproduction of your instrument, nothing touches the AMT.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I believe AMT has minimum pricing on their products. Therefore one shop sells it for the same price as the next. Please correct me if I am wrong.

7. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Not for long, I was talking with AMT about my order with them on Wednesday, AMT is aware that Music123 is advertising a price below their 20% off MAP requirement.