Anyone knows anything about my Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAD2X, Feb 1, 2005.

1. First of all, hi to everyone, I'm new on this forum. I bought a bass almost a year ago at my local music store. The brand is Jerzey. I didn't know nothing about it, but I really loved how nice it played, the neck is very slim, and it sounds pretty good too. So I figured it was a new brand and that I was gonna hear about it eventually. But after all those months that went by I still can't find any information about it on the net or anything.

It's got passive pickup with active electronics. I have a push pull volume (active, passive) also a pickup balancer, a mid boost (only works on active) and a Tone. It only has one pickup, the MM style. It's made in Korea and that's all I know about it.

I'm just wondering how or why there isn't any information availlable on that bass. I'm starting to wonder if there are more, or if it's one of a kind hehe. It's not a high end bass, I only paid around 500$ Can.

So if anyone one here can tell me a bit more about my bass I would really appreciate it, I would just like to learn a bit more about it. I've included a picture, but it doesnt give it credit, it looks much better in real.

Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. it looks remarkably like a wolf bass i've seen online., in the bass section. in fact it looks exactly the same. i know they're made in the far east (korea?) and they're one of these companies that churns out basses for other manufacturers. they are very competitively priced in the uk- i am seriously looking at their 6 string as a first ERB. if they are the same brand, i am now more tempted by this positive review...
  3. NO. It's Jerzy, not Jerzey!

It looks like a Cort Curbow with a flame top. Very strange. I'm not sure.
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Definitely not a Jerzy Drozd. This is an example of a Jerzy Drozd:

5. Jerzy Drozd

Jerzy Drozd Jerzy Drozd Basses

Jan 5, 2005
    Barcelona SPAIN
    Hi MAD2X,

As RAM said this is not bass made by us.
  6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    The Wolf is the more likely candidate. One thing that stands out is the name on the body. The Wolf basses I sell have the "Wolf" logo in the same spot. I asked specifically NOT to have that, but it came with it anyway. The body logo is a trend I see on imported basses (Korean and Chinese.) It is a trend I dislike. Cool basses though.
  7. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    OMFG, that's so insulting to JD dude. Seriously.
  8. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Now that's a smokin' bass :D It just looks like it kicks *ss!!!
  9. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Another great example:

Attached Files:

10. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Please, I'm begging you guys :bawl: do not start up with these Jerzy Drodz basses again ..... :bag:
  11. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Ahh, what the h*ll :(
  12. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Looks cool, got any clips?
  13. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It plays and sounds even better. :p
  14. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That IS a great example!:D
  15. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I probably shouldn't, but here's a pic of mine...

...and, because I'm such a jerk, here's a closeup (in my own hands)

[​IMG] :hyper:
  16. Well thanks a lot for all the comments, I agree with Josh Curry that it's defenitly an insult for Jerzy Drozd because those bass are kick ass, mine looks so cheap compared to that!!!

I think that the wolf WRB-2505 is the same bass beside the headstroke, and the buttons configuration. I guess they just put a different name on it every now and then, lol. I dont really like the painting on the body either, but it doesnt really bother me, I've seen some Godin basses and guitar with the name in the emplacement. So it's not just chinese and koren ones that do.

I do not have any clips, how should I go about doing this? Should I just plug my bass strait in my pc, or go through my amp first? I'm not sure what I should do to get the real tone from it. What do you guys usually do?
  17. Hmm I was looking into this brand of basses as well. Just bought a used acoustic electric Jerzey bass, I'm loving it. Still haven't found any real info on the brand tho..
  18. thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Interesting bass. Reminds of Conklin's line of basses more than anything else. It looks nice.
  19. EonBlue

Mar 28, 2014
    Hey I made an account just so I could pot on this thread. I own a Jerzey 4 string bass that I obtained second hand through a friend of mine as my first bass. He never told me where he got it but I live in Montreal, Quebec so somewhere around here. It seems like a cheap bass, nothing too special about it although the neck is fairly wide, which I like and the action is great. No buzzes and I've never brought it in for maintenance. It was beaten pretty hard before I got it and the internals aren't functioning at the moment, some re-wiring is needed. But just like you my friend, I had never heard of this brand before I got it and never saw/heard anything about it since... complete mystery. I googled it and this thread was the best answer I could get... very mysterious. Anyway, if you get anymore info, let me know!