Anyone record on computer? Audigy 2?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bartman, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Hey,

I have a problem. I have an audigy 2 and I'm using Adobe Audition to record some tracks and it's being really annoying. I get through the first track fine. But after when I want to record something else in another track on top of that one, it records whatever I have in the first track plus the actual bass that's going in and so on. So when I have a drum track on the first track and I start recording on the second one (with the drums playing of course), the drums record as well, but I only want to record the bass. The bass is going directly into the soundcard mic port (through a sansamp). I wonder why it's recording the other stuff that's only playing in the background.

You guys get what i'm saying?

:/

please help.

thanks,

~bart

2. Rasmuth

Rasmuth

Nov 26, 2004
    Churchville, NY
    your Audigy should have a "Surround Mixer"...open that up...

the slider on the right is the "Rec" slider...click on the little logo just above the slider...looks like 4 or 5 plugs...

change is from "What U hear"...I bet its on that...to "Analog Mix"

now if you need to mix down tracks to a single track...you'll need to change it back to the "What U hear" option

3. IT WORKED!!!

thanks!!