1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone tried this yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by allexcosta, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    holy jesus that's a big amp.

2. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    3,800 peak watts at 4 ohms bridged -
    in the "unlikely" event the amp had a problem, your speakers would be toast.

But that is peak watts.
    The owners manual only give peak watts - it does not give the RMS ratings at all.

It is 800 watts peak per channel at 8 ohms
    which is maybe 400 to 470 watts RMS.
    Even that could be a little high.

3. +1:D

4. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Boy, that site goes the extra mile to not let you know it's a Behringer product.

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You can hear it live :)

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    No thanks.

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Unless you're playing an outdoor festival in front of 80,000 people, why in god's name would you need something that powerful?

8. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    in the words of H.J. Simpson, "Sweet, merciful crap!" I'd hate to pay the electric bill for that amp.

9. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Probably. When I installed car audio equipment I used to see these 5000 watt amps the size of briefcase, weighed 3 pounds and had a circuit board the size of a dollar bill. Yeah, maybe 3,800 watts...if struck by lightning.

10. Robson780

Robson780

Jan 12, 2009
    Hahahahaha

They named it the Nuke because thats what its going to do to itself as soon as your turn it on.

No but seriously, there is so much wrong with this. No RMS ratings... what a scam.

11. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    I can't find any info saying this amp is all tube though.
    Also of note is that the manual says power supply max consumption is 3600 watts. Two things raise an eyebrow at this. 1. No amp is 100% efficient. 2. A 3600 watt power supply consumption would require a 30amp 120volt circuit to power it.