1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Anyone use Cubase SE3 and a Mac?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BurningSkies, Jun 7, 2007.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Greetings,

I've recently moved from using Cubase SE on a PC laptop to a new 15" Macbook Pro and SE3. My interface blew out with a surge along with my old laptop, so until I can recoup the cost of the new computer and software, and afford a new interface, I was going to mix to 2 line stereo and use the built-in audio with Cubase...Unfortunately nothing ever quite does what you think, does it?

I hope some of the fine people here have an idea of what's going on and how to make this work!

The software installed properly and I can open past sessions that I've transfered from my old system and work with them. But when I try to use the built-in audio, I get no levels showing up in Cubase. The levels are fine in OS X's sound pannel, when "Line In" is selected.

-When I go to the Device Setup pannel in Cubase, Under VST Audiobay it's defaulted to "Built-in Audio" under Master ASIO Driver.
    -When I change the option to Built-in Audio (1) I get a message stating: "ASIO cannot detect hardware properties"
    -When I choose Built-in Audio (2), which I believe is the line in, I get a different message: "The ASIO driver Built-in Audio (2) could not be initialized!"

-VST Audiobay, the VST Inputs tab lists no ports for Built-in Audio.

-When I open the VST Connections pannel and choose the Inputs tab, It lists the "Built-in Audio Stereo In" for Bus Name and Audio Device, but has no Device Ports listed.

-The outputs seem to work fine, and I have no problem playing back...and the Outputs tab in the Connections pannel lists the Built-in audio 1 & 2...

The details:
    15" Macbook Pro
    2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
    1 gig Ram
    OSX 10.4.9
    Cubase SE3

Any help anyone can provide would be a great help for me. I've used both Cubase in PC format for years and have owned both Mac and PC format computers for years, so I can find my way around pretty well, but can't seem to get this sorted.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Bump to hit the AM TB crew!

:)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021