1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone using Roland Micro Cube as a Preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chucky, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    The RX Cube that uses battery's is good for stereo sound into my SWR WM12 and WM15. There is no background noise and the controls are simple to use. Just thought I would mention it. Some other guy took the RX cube apart and just uses the amp portion for a pre into power amps.

This is all used in my rec room/studio.

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Just caught this thread while searching for info on a cube 60.

Yes.

I use my micro cube as a preamp for recording and it sounds absolutely amazing. I've had some heavy duty studio guys say, "This dude gets some awesome bass sounds in his home studio."

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

... now you've got me thinking. I prefer the modelling from my Roland over my Zoom B3 by leaps and bounds.

4. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    I have done exactly this. In live performance it was too noisy with stage lights and less than perfect venue wiring. At home and rehearsal it totally works, I found it to be really fun. I plugged into a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 and got a lot of use out of it.