1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone using TC ELECTRONICS NOVA System?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassgrooves2, Jan 15, 2012.

1. I have had many effects pedals In and out of setup over the years and eventually found my way to the NOVA system. It has taken the place of all my other effects except looper at my feet and I love it. I think what I like most about it is that it does not disguise the tone of my instruments. It is a very transparent type of effect even run in from of an amp. I typically ran all my time based effects through my effects loops, but lately I've just been going straight in front and it sounds great. I don't use many crazy or extremely saturated effects, at least not often, but I just love the versatility on tones and expression that can be created with subtle changes in the effects chain. The compressor in the nova too. Me some noodling to find a good setting for bass, but then I started to get it and actually have several different compressor settings to suite different types of playing. The chorus is lush and rich, but I usually keep mine mixed at or below 10 percent to keep low end.
    For a board that never gets any recognition for bass, I think it is pretty awesome! It is actually the first floor based multi effects unit I have ever been happy enough with to gig with and now sometimes it is my whole rig. Running direct out of this board can be quite nice to really let your bass stand out, now if you amp is a vital part of your tone, then obviously this method may not work, but I use it occasionally.
    If anyone else is using the NOVA, I'd love to hear how your liking or hating it!

rtav likes this.