1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using the waza craft boss dm-2w delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassbassbass12345, Apr 16, 2015.

1. bassbassbass12345

bassbassbass12345 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2015
    I saw a few threads hyping its arrival but not much since. I've got the dd-2 and was thinking about getting an analogue delay. As the title states, has anyone used the dm-2w yet? Good, bad, otherwise? Also, is there a noticeable difference between analogue and digital delays? Thanks in advance

2. OilcanRacer

OilcanRacer

May 7, 2009
    does waza craft stand for any thing better in these pedals? or is it just a hype label.

3. Yes, I just got mine last week and it is IMO, worth the money. It retains the warmth of the old DM-2 along with the optional custom switch which takes you into a trippy direction. At on point we got that weird electromagnetic sound you hear in Tesla's "Edison's Medicine". My bass compadres really loved this feature. My guitar guys like the option for an expression pedal. This pedal has taken the place of my DD3 and DD7. It is on par with my MXR CC. BTW, I work for GC and get to try all these wonderful toys :) IMG_20150409_204627.

4. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Oct 31, 2013
    Yeah. I work in a guitar shop and hae tried it with bass. Really really great pedal! Can get out of control and higher feedback settings but used properly adds a great delay with a bit of warmth.
    And yeah, the waza mod is and gives you two different modes! It's not just marketing rubbish.

5. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    I am a huge fan of the original DM-2's and DM-3's, however I would never use one on bass. Why? Because although they sound amazing when you play alone in your bedroom, on stage and in a band mix anything other than clean digital delay lines get absolutely lost in a mix. i would love to rock a Carbon Copy or even my old vintage DM-3 unit, but I simply can't hear the effect when playing in a band.

6. Homeslice

Homeslice

Nov 14, 2013
    I've got the DM-2W as well and I love it. I haven't messed around too much with the settings as I have found a pretty sweet spot that sounds good all around. Def worth the money, and any pedal board without delay could benefit from it.

I do slightly agree with MGR above ^ in that it is a "lighter" delay where in a mix of things it could get lost, or you wouldn't even be able to tell it's on. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, as sometimes subtle delay is fine. I'm sure you can crank up the delay to really notice the difference.

Also jealous of Sygnus who gets to play with the BB-1X. Mine is on order but supposedly it's back ordered until May 30th! I'm impatiently playing the waiting game...

delay_zpsqvo4gcvx.

7. flyingmonkey41

flyingmonkey41

Jul 5, 2017
    Im a DM-2W user and very happy with it,you can also use it as a echo pedal.Very useful with blues rock stuff also with the custom mode you can use it at psychodelic stuff.Totally worth