1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone with an Epiphone EBM5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by miketallica315, Jan 23, 2012.

1. miketallica315

miketallica315 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I have been searching for one of the many basses I had "back in the day". Does any one still own and or play an Epiphone EBM5 with the gold colored pickups?

2. miketallica315

miketallica315 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Nobody has one of these? :' (

3. realale

realale

Nov 29, 2016
    Bridlington U.K.

4. realale

realale

Nov 29, 2016
    Bridlington U.K.
    Hi I have two a Sunburst and a Cherry Red. I have rebuilt the on board pre-amplifiers in both as on one the capacitors had started to leak so if doing one its as easy to do both. The total costs of renewing these parts is less that £1 UK and time taken around 30 minutes. Whilst stripped I sprayed all the controls with switch cleaner and they are all smooth and silent in operation.
    When working on these I always change the jack socket as they tend to fail (a common problem on all guitars).
    Well my two EMB5's are now as good as new apart form the odd chip here and there, I think their a great bass and enjoy playing them.
    On the Sunburst I've restrung it as E A D G C instead of the normal B E A D G just for a change.

Attached Files:

miketallica315 likes this.