Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone with Eden 112xlt experience?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Can any users out there tell me about their experiences with this cab? I'm thinking about replacing my 410XLT with 2 of the Eden 112XLT's.

Thoughts? Advice? Comments?

Thank you!

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im subsribing to this thread to get more info on it too.

GARD?!

Peace
    Nick

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    do a search for my name, cause i did a review of one waaaay back around ThxGiving. impressive little cab.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I actually read that and found it great, but of course more is never bad. :)

Peace
    Nick

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Nice boxes, lots of punch, good bottom end, and LOUD (although replacing a 410 with two of them...well.....maybe....but it depends on the situation).

I gotta give Dave N two thumbs up on them, he nailed a great sound with a small box.

There's a rumor about a 112XLT combo as well.....;)

(I can see a 112XLT/WT-550 rig in my immedate future, especially if it's a combo! :D)

It's not an "everything" box, it may be a bit less "snappy" that some slappers would like, but it's awful close, I could use it for pretty much everthing I do (including slapping).

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm about to either plunk down on either the 112XLT or the Aggie. Gard has described the basic differences, but I'm wondering if anybody tried them with a Clarus...

Couple other questions:

1. How do they compare in weight? I haven't been able to find XLT
    specs...

2. Does either have the smooth zingy highs for slapping/tapping? I
    played through Aggies with a Walkabout and thought they were
    pretty good, but I didn't get to spend alot of time with them.

3. Anybody used either one with upright?

4. Either one more efficient?

Will

Will

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Will -

1) They're within a couple pounds of each other.

2) The Eden is a bit "tighter" or "crisper" than the Aggie, which is more of an "old school-ish" kinda tone.

3) I've played an NS Design CR5M through both, both sound fine, the XLT was a bit clearer, IMO.

4) According to the official spec sheets:

Aguilar GS112: 102 dB, 1/w @ 1/m
    Eden D-112XLT: 100 dB, not specified

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive actually been thinking of a similar small gig/practice setup with the WT550 and one or two 112XLTs.

Im actually thinking of getting two of those to sit on top of my two 210XST setup if the price and features are right.

Oh Gard, Im at UF now so Im a bit closer being in Gainesville instead of Miami. Im still working on making a trip over but ya never know.

Peace
    Nick

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i concur. but will add that the Eden was that much more easier to carry than the Aguilar. quite remarkable actually. another ace for Dave.

but does anyone know the frequency response? from what i played it didnt seem to be as deep as the aggie, tho i saw someone mention the 1x12XLT hitting some mucho low depths.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think the Harmony Central press release I saw a long time ago put the Eden at like 35Hz.

Peace
    Nick

11. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Since Ncognito has one of my Avatar B212s (Delta 12LF) at a gig tonight...if anyone can offer info comparing the 112XLT to an Avatar CB112 (loaded with a Delta 12LF if there's a choice) or a pair of them to the B212, that might be helpful as well.

12. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thanks Gard, you're good on the phone and patient to boot. I am so indecisive.

I was thinking Bergantino because of the size, but the Eden comes in at a good price point for me and will probably be louder with my Clarus. Don't really think I could have gone wrong with any of them. I'm excited to try it out.

Anybody have any more comments about these things to entertain me while I'm waiting for mine to come from Florida to West Virginia?

Thanks again, Gard. I was drinking diesel coffee and trying to decide on gear...I'm surprised my heart didn't explode.

Will

13. Jaret

Jaret

Mar 29, 2011
    I just got a second Eden 112xlt to match my other one. Powered by a Eden WT400. For some reason. 1 sounds killer, tone and volume. But when I hook the second one up. I lose some bottom end. As well as it's not really louder. I took it to the dealer and they can't figure it out. I'm just in communication with Edne now trying to figure it out. Does anyone have any advice?

14. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    One is wired out of phase with the other, check your speaker cables to make sure the polarity is right. I bet one of your speaker cables is reversed from one end to the other.

15. Or the cabinet is reversed; it happens. Use the 9-volt battery test- plug the same speaker cable into both cabs (one and then the other), while plugged in put the battery's + terminal on the tip of the speaker cable and the - terminal on the shaft and note which way the speaker moves (either in or out). Then compare the other cab (using the same cable!). The speaker should move the same way in both cabs or they are out of phase. Then you can use one cab and both cables to see if your cables are wired out-of-phase with each other.