1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone work for Outback Steakhouse (OSI Inc)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Way Off Bass, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    I am a current employee of Outback, and was wondering if any TBers would like to share their experiences working for currently or previously. This also includes other OSI concepts like Carrabba's, Bonefish, Leroy Selmons, etc.

Customer input would also be helpful, aside from stories of "Well this one time I got a really bad waitress"

2. haha yes unfortunately I just got off work, I've been bussin there for almost 2 years now. As for experiences working there, well my manager is kinda a jerk but aren't they all?

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i used to fry the kangaroo meat.

4. It's great to see our roadkill being put to good use somewhere in the world. :smug:

5. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Bonefish? That sounds like a place I want to eat at...NOT.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Outback is the best chain steakhouse out there in its price range. I loves me some Alice Springs Chicken.

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Their steak is too salty, too much seasoning. :spit:

Their potato soup before it started coming out of a bag was good though.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Never had a salty steak there.

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Disagree. I'll opt for Stuart Anderson's Black Angus. Dinner meals feel like more bang for your buck, much nicer decor, and honestly prefer the food.

If I'm going for steaks with the girlfriend on a budget of under $100, Black Angus is my destination.

10. jokn388

jokn388

Apr 11, 2007
    $50 for a meal does not seem reasonable at all:rollno:

Outback is amazing. For about $15 you are eating an amazing 12oz steak with good bread/salad/sweet potato. It's my favorite restaurant quality:price.

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If I had $100 for a steak dinner I'm going to Ruths Chris.

12. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    The Outback blimp just flew past my house.

13. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    giant order if fail being delivered in this thread...

outback? ruth's chris? really? :scowl:

100 dollars to spend on dinner? and you'd rather go to a chain restuarant where untrained cooks make your food?

horrible.

14. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That's no way to talk about a repeat customer.

15. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Bonefish as in Bonefish Grill?

They're the same company as Outback?

We used to like Bonefish, but it's too uppity and too expensive for us. And you can't drink there unless you want to take out a major loan. Ridiculously expensive drinks that look more like shots.

A draft beer comes in a glass that looks like a test tube.
    I finish it in two sips.

No more.

16. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    $100 budget may've been a little high, but typically a dinner for two, including drinks out the door (tax, tip) will be at least $60~70 if we're eating steak at the midprice steak chains: Outback, Claim Jumpers, or Black Angus. More if we have a few drinks.

Of those three I rank Outback as the lowest in terms of value, quality, and ambience.

Haven't been to Ruth's Chris but I've heard it's in a higher price bracket and I don't want to compare apples and oranges.

I've got a local steakhouse I go to when I want to eat well on special occasions when the budget can clear the century mark -- typically only for anniversaries or such.

I know there are pleanty of other choices for good eating at the $100 price point, but the topic is Outback, so I tried to stay on topic.

17. I don't really like going to steak houses, I can usually make a better steak at home. There are a few that I have been to that are really good, but you are talking $50+ per person for the meal and they weren't chain places.

lowsound

18. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Agreed. Since my mother is a butcher she get steaks very cheap. We got 2 New York Strips for $1.46 a piece. At $1.99 a pound. The Outback we had closed up. They still air commercials for it though.

19. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow. Were Outback and Ruth's Chris really compared in this thread? That's kinda like comparing a MIM Fender to a USA Sadowsky. The two are not even remotely related, except that they both offer steaks, or in the case of the analogy, Jazz basses.

I've never worked in the food service industry, but will say from a customer's prospective, I absolutely despise Outback, and LOVE Bonefish. It's definitely my favorite chain restaurant, but I don't eat much seafood there. There's too much good seafood to be had from the locally-owned places.

Judging by my friends' experiences who have worked at either, or both, Bonefish is worlds above Outback. Of course, management can vary anywhere, but around here there's no comparison, from what I understand.

20. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I sometimes like Outback and sometimes don't. They are inconsistent from place to place.

I like Bonefish Grill very much, but I've only been to one so I don't know if that speaks for all of them.

I will absolutely pay $100 for a good steak dinner out. Why is that a problem?