1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Are these pickup guards?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by alexis=bassist, Sep 29, 2008.

  1. alexis=bassist


    Sep 4, 2008


    Is that another pickup in between tha 2 pickups or
    is it sumthing else...pickup guards?

    If its not another pickup,wut is it made of and wut do they do?:help:

    Anyways thanx!

  2. those are called "ramps"...made popular by jazz/fusion bassist, gary willis...

    the idea is that the ramps are located under the strings close to the strings,
    to prevent your fingers from digging in too much and therefore permitting
    both speed and consistent attack.
  3. newbold


    Sep 21, 2008
    and those look like jazz/fusion inspired basses.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.